We're #1 !!!!! (Read 331 times)

jeffdonahue

Just looking at this article on RW website and MA is ranked #1 - woohoo.

http://www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/how-does-your-state-stack-up

jpdeaux

Not even close.

It's a race for 2nd place between New Jersey and Hawaii. Hawaii?! Who knew?

Kalsarikännit

It's a race for 2nd place between New Jersey and Hawaii.

Taking winter weather (aka prime treadmill time) into consideration, I'm pretty confident New Jersey has them beat, and that list could be shuffled a bit (Minnesota topping Florida for example).

Note that only runs recorded with the app – and not manually recorded treadmill runs – are included in this

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

of course, this is miles recorder through RunKeeper, which is based in Boston.  I'd be that if you aren't using GPS and don't set a location it defaults to Boston.

But anyway, w00t, VA #4!

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

jfa

After the day we all had yesterday at Baystate,  this is not a big surprise. Boston is the running capital of the country after all.

Not sure why NJ is so high on the list tho.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Not sure why NJ is so high on the list tho.

What?  It's actually part of their state song!  "Baby, we were boooornnnn to ruuunnnnnn!"

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Village people

#11? Ugh!

Kalsarikännit

#11? Ugh!

But you have the number one spot in cars overturned during pumpkin festivals, so that's something.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

MrH

But you have the number one spot in cars overturned during pumpkin festivals, so that's something.

Best logged as a strength workout?

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

jpdeaux

Why do they hide the pumpkins under cars?

A different tangent, but what the heck are the folks in the states with incredibly low miles doing instead?

Montana?  North Dakota?  South Dakota?  Wyoming?....

Based on their low poulations, clearly it ain't making babies...

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Joann Y

A different tangent, but what the heck are the folks in the states with incredibly low miles doing instead?

Montana?  North Dakota?  South Dakota?  Wyoming?....

Based on their low poulations, clearly it ain't making babies...

They're doing something right...   50 States Ranked by Happiness

Happiest states tend to be in the north and least happy in the south.

"Any idiot can run a marathon. It takes a special kind of idiot to run an ultramarathon." - Alan Cabelly

jeffdonahue

How can you say Wyoming is doing something right, their happiness dropped from 13 to 34 in one year.  Did some tragedy happen there that I dont know about?

There were also some rather large upswings - perhaps those were the states that legalized marijuana in 2013???

Joann Y

How can you say Wyoming is doing something right, their happiness dropped from 13 to 34 in one year.  Did some tragedy happen there that I dont know about?

There were also some rather large upswings - perhaps those were the states that legalized marijuana in 2013???

Okay, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota.