Is there a way to plan future runs? (Read 1879 times)

eric :)

Again, I would need to be able to prescribe workout details without the "Date is in future" error.  My athletes would not even have that problem because they are not the ones creating the workout Plans.

ASU Club Coach,

What kind of workout details do you need to specify in the training plan, and why can't you use the notes field for that?  All of the training plans that I've seen are not that complicated when it comes to workout details.  Instead of telling me how I can modify my site to suite your needs, why don't you tell me what you want to do and then I'll create something for you?

I also suspect that you don't know how a plan entry is related to the workout.  Here's a quick run down.  When you create a training plan, it is completely separate from your workouts.  However, the training plan entries will appear on your monthly calendar so you can see the planned and completed workouts.

When you completed a workout, the workout editor has a field that lets you specify whether the workout is planned.  If it is, the distance, duration and notes fields will be populated with data from the corresponding plan.  Since it is nearly impossible to do a workout exactly as planned, you will need to enter the rest of the workout details manually.  When you save the workout, the planned workout is replaced by the completed workout on the monthly calendar.

This is how I believe most people use the training plan feature.  If this is not how you would use it, tell me what you want.

Oh yeah, now I remember...

The "Coach", or any member of any Group, if they create a Training Plan, should be able to set the Training Plan to "Private: for Group Only".  I believe this would be a 3rd setting compared to the present system.  I think the present system only allows for 2 settings, "Public" and "Private".  Here is what I propose:

1)  Public

2)  Private, viewable only to these Groups:  ________ (check-boxes for the Groups desired)

3)  Private, viewable only to Me.

The current training plan function is only the first installment.  The next phase will be to support coaches, which will be part of the upcoming coaching console project.

jimmypants,

Thank you for your suggestions.  I'll take them into consideration when I begin work on it.

eric Smile

quagga

I would love to have my local running shop use Running Ahead for their coaching groups, so please post an update when that that package is available. They are struggling right now with some other site, and not really getting their money's worth, IMO.

Thanks!

BTW - I LOVE the training plan feature. Thank you for programming it. 

I would love to have my local running shop use Running Ahead for their coaching groups, so please post an update when that that package is available. They are struggling right now with some other site, and not really getting their money's worth, IMO.

Thanks!

BTW - I LOVE the training plan feature. Thank you for programming it. 

This will probably be my next major project.  I'd be happy to talk to your local running store to understand their needs.  The more input I receive regarding this feature, the better it will be.