Forget to stretch? (Read 679 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

Every day. I hardly ever stretch. It never seemed to do any good for me... Are there any other non-stretchers out there? By the way, I'm not usually this disagreeable. I'm usually a peace-loving hippie. I swear.
    Non-stretcher here!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

muse_runner

keep running.

I am the dork you see stretching at the intersection stoplight Black eye. Basically I have a mandatory stoplight that is 1.2 miles after my run begins. Perfect time to stretch! I totally do the quads and calves and arm stretches. I use the metal post of the walk sign as my calf stretcher. I don't do hamstrings or glutes though. i should but I already feel weird enough! If I don't go that route I always stop about 1.5 miles into my run and stretch. I can't just keep running without stretching... Smile
      running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
        I'm really bad about stretching after a run, and I hate stopping my run just to stretch. It messes with my rhythm and, well, I just don't wanna. However, I do a yoga workout every Thursday night and one specific 1 hour full body stretching workout every Sunday. I've been doing it for a month, and I have defintely felt a difference in my flexibility.
        "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian
          I should have mentioned that the main stretch I need to do are the calf stretches and ITB - but I always do quad and hams just because they feel good. Muse - I like how you stop to stretch into your run - when I restart running - I think I'll call it "run/stretch" instead of "run/walk" Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

madness baby

This reminds me that I just forgot to stretch. Oh well. I was good about it for the first few months of running and have stopped, unless I run longer or harder than usual. I think I do notice a difference after long runs, though.
            deb
              Never stretch. Sometimes if I'm lying on the floor reading I like to stretch out...Smile But not usually in conjunction with a run. I got a month pass to a yoga place once, ended up doing yoga 1-2x a day for a month. Yup, got pretty flexible & it was fun.. but it didn't make me any faster. I don't tend to notice much difference with stretching and soreness, either. If I'm gonna be sore from a hard workout, I'll be sore whether or not I stretched. Ice baths or hot baths are usually the only things that make a difference on level of soreness. for me Smile