Bleeding Nipples (male) (warning - picture with bloodied shirt included in post) (Read 1781 times)

xhristopher

The solution is easy. What's difficult is getting an hour into a run and realizing you forgot to apply the solution before heading out.

Why is it sideways?

This is why runners don't wear shirts.

drrbradford

I honestly think a tactically-sited piercing is in order here. Perhaps pierce the nipples above the centre so that when you but rings in they act as shields. Form and function need not be mutually exclusive.

Was it all a dream?

+1

I've had various types of bandaids fall off, but never these.  Actually, the bigger problem is removing them post-run.

I honestly think a tactically-sited piercing is in order here. Perhaps pierce the nipples above the centre so that when you but rings in they act as shields. Form and function need not be mutually exclusive.

dude... wrong forum Joking

Just looked at your log...

Did you "win" that shirt this last Saturday?  If so, that sucks!

Is there a return policy for those shirts?

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Metal Mesh Bra Cover

I use the waterproof Bandaids.

Fall  2013 Goals: Doable sub 22:00 5k; Challenging Sub 21:00 5k; Unlikely Sub 20:00 5k.

still need bandaids believe it or not NOT that I wold know Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Finger tape (which is basically athletic tape I think) seems to work well for my husband and doesn't seem to come off even on long, sweaty and humid runs (I find a sports bra is a great solution, but maybe you'd prefer something less restrictive).  Larnacane has also worked well for other chafe areas.  As xhristopher says it's remembering the solution that's key, and somehow remembering seems hard to do.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

I hope you won some sort of award for that!

Not sure where you are (too lazy to check now), but the little square or round adhesive bandages (J&J has a line, most drugstores have their own store brands) work very well for me.  Small enough to not grab onto chest hair, too, so they come off less painfully than strip bandages.

Once you've abraded them a few times, you're going to be more prone to re-chafing.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

drrbradford

still need bandaids believe it or not NOT that I wold know Wink

I'm assuming that you're hinting at anecdotal evidence that a typical nipple piercing doesn't prevent chafing. However, I was quite specific about the placement and type of jewellery used. A non-standard location with a sleeper ring which uses a ball locking mechanism would physically separate the nipple and shirt. Please see my hand crafted illustrative diagram.

An additional benefit is that you'd no longer have to worry about remember to use the solution. My logic is undeniable.

kcam

Cut nipple-holes out of your shirt.  Guaranteed to work via previous postings seen on RA (can't recall who posted this sure-fire solution!).  

I've never had a problem with the "sport" square band aids, and I sweat more than the average 3 people combined.  If you still sweat those off, put a little gauze under some medical tape and apply accordingly.

And I was a pacer for Gopher to Badger last year, but missed it this year.

"I aim to misbehave."

Am I doing this right?

I'm assuming that you're hinting at anecdotal evidence that a typical nipple piercing doesn't prevent chafing. However, I was quite specific about the placement and type of jewellery used. A non-standard location with a sleeper ring which uses a ball locking mechanism would physically separate the nipple and shirt. Please see my hand crafted illustrative diagram.

An additional benefit is that you'd no longer have to worry about remember to use the solution. My logic is undeniable.

That "illustration" was the funniest thing I've seen today.  I actually LOL'd.

Thanks!

As for the nipples....I use Blue Steel.  Seems to work for me.

No excuses....