currency (Read 703 times)

keeponrunning

Just looked at my equipment and discovered everything is now in pounds.  It was not this way when I entered it.  Is there a way to change it back to dollars?

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

an amazing likeness

Just a guess...have you checked your Locale settings to make sure its not set to the UK ?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

keeponrunning

Just looked...I am set to the right country.

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Currency is now set separately from country.

Go back  to Options/Locale Settings again, and adjust the drop down for Weight Unit.

The same thing happened to me after the big RA upgrade -- my units got changed, and I went to Locale Settings and fixed them back.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

keeponrunning

Okay, I am now back at dollars.  Unfortunately, that apparently means I have to go by kg for weight.  Pooey.  I always went by pound, even if I am from Canada.  Oh well...at least it'll make me sound lighter.

eric :)

keeponrunning,

The distance, weight and temperature units are independent of your locale information so you can set them to whatever you like.  The currency symbol information is obtained from your browser.  When you connect to any website, your browser will include the default language and location.  RA uses this information to format date and numbers.  Where are you located?

same issue here....  Currency is now in £

I am in Canada..... here are my settings....

I'm using Firefox 3.5.7 on Vista

Looks like Eric is correct (as usual).

My Firefox had English - United Kingdom as the first language...... I changed it to English [en]

Imminent Catastrophe

Dang it, I want to display my weight in stones but it's not an option.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

I was going to figure out how to display my weight in stone but I lost track of what I was doing and then I got really hungry.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Find many big stones, and a long plank. Balance the plank's middle on one stone. Balance yourself at one end, and figure out how many stones it takes to counterbalance you at the other end.

Oh, you said "display". Sorry, carry on.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

Now I want chicken planks. 

(Does long john silver still have these?  In actuality, my belly hurts just thinking about chicken planks and "chips", which at LJS did not mean french fries... it meant little bits of fried batter... )

keeponrunning

keeponrunning,

The distance, weight and temperature units are independent of your locale information so you can set them to whatever you like.  The currency symbol information is obtained from your browser.  When you connect to any website, your browser will include the default language and location.  RA uses this information to format date and numbers.  Where are you located?

Thanks...I now have it set correctly.  Didn't quite realize that they were seperate. 

eric :)

JasonR (and maybe keeponrunning),

If you're in Canada, you should set your language to en-CA.  En stands for English.  Since English is spoken in many countries, and different countries use different unit systems, you should also include the country.  Canada's country code is CA.  For US, it's en-US.  In the UK, it's en-GB.

eric :-)