What should I log for my PR time? (Read 267 times)

Log it any way you want, that PR is not going to last long.  That was on full training load. Run another on a bit of taper off the recent work and lookout.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'd log it as 1:04:29.  That should help intimidate anyone who logstalks you.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

npaden

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

The most frustrating part was that I knew we weren't running the correct course, but when a race official is screaming and pointing to follow the bikes that are going the wrong way and everyone around you listens to them and follows them, it is pretty hard to not go ahead and follow along with everyone else.  I just wasn't 100% sure that they might not have changed the course for some reason.

Live and learn, although I sure hope something like that never happens again.  It was the inaugural race so that helps explain the mix up I guess.

The other discouraging thing is that I'm probably not going to run another half marathon for at least 6 months and that one is a brutal course that I will have to do very well to beat this time.  It might give me an excuse to run the Phoenix half marathon next January though, it's an easy course and typically has good weather.

I'm going to just log it as a regular half marathon that will be my PR for now, and put an note on the course description and put a note in the comments on what it would have been if we had only run the certified course instead of the extra.

Thanks again for the comments.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

npaden

Oh yeah, we left the course then paralleled it for about a mile then come back to it so I guess according to the rules all of us should have been disqualified.  That would have really led to some upset folks I bet as the top 3 mens and womens finishers all would have been disqualified.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)