Top Of Utah Marathon Race Reportg (Read 574 times)

smc3720

Okay! I have now run my first marathon. After two half-marathons I decided it was time to go. Logan is a small growning collage town in Utah. It starts up in the Canyon, come down about 18 miles till you enter the city of Providence, then winds through North Logan, and ends in the Merlin Park in the center of Logan. It is mostly down hill, with the modest uphill section, but not really steep. I start out very easy, and found I was doing about a 9:30 pace. This felt confortable to be for the first miles so this is waht I stayed at. About mile 3 a couple of friends caught up with me so we ran together. Selma was a little slower, so we went at her pace, which kept me from running to fast, which was my biggest fear. We kept together till about mile 16, when Selma needed the bathroom. Jim stay back, and I went ahead. I did fairly well, I reached mile 18 at 3 hours, which had been one goal I set. However, I ended up walking, running the last eight miles. However, even then I kept up a good pace. When I made 26 miles, I knew I had to run the rest in, which I did. I ended with 4:50:06. My goal for my first race, was to finish, and hopefully under five hours, which I did. So I felt great about what I did. When I recover I will start planning for my next marathon, which will most likely be next May.
      Congratulations! Nice report too and great to hear that you've already set your plans on another marathon. Smile

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That sounds very much like my first marathon goal. Next Fall I'm hoping to have a very similar race. I'd love to get under 2 hours in the HM, but I know this will probably translate to somewhere between 4.5 and 5 hours in the full deal. Nice work! And now you have a PR to attack! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Congrats! I think it's great that you are already planning your next - Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Okay! I have now run my first marathon. After two half-marathons I decided it was time to go. Logan is a small growning collage town in Utah. It starts up in the Canyon, come down about 18 miles till you enter the city of Providence, then winds through North Logan, and ends in the Merlin Park in the center of Logan. It is mostly down hill, with the modest uphill section, but not really steep. I start out very easy, and found I was doing about a 9:30 pace. This felt confortable to be for the first miles so this is waht I stayed at. About mile 3 a couple of friends caught up with me so we ran together. Selma was a little slower, so we went at her pace, which kept me from running to fast, which was my biggest fear. We kept together till about mile 16, when Selma needed the bathroom. Jim stay back, and I went ahead. I did fairly well, I reached mile 18 at 3 hours, which had been one goal I set. However, I ended up walking, running the last eight miles. However, even then I kept up a good pace. When I made 26 miles, I knew I had to run the rest in, which I did. I ended with 4:50:06. My goal for my first race, was to finish, and hopefully under five hours, which I did. So I felt great about what I did. When I recover I will start planning for my next marathon, which will most likely be next May.
            CONGRATS!!!!! Way to finish!! Love the town of Logan!! I grew up visiting my grandparents there (boy do I miss them Cry)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

va

Smc, Congrats on completing ypur first marathon!!!
              btb1490

Congrats on finishing your first marathon in style! I'm glad you had a good experience out there and are looking for more!