Johns Hopkins running club (Read 985 times)

I hope someone from this group reads the forums ... I'm not at Hopkins, but I live in Baltimore and very near the med school campus. I'd love to join up with some local runners --- esp. if you run in the evenings! I tried to join the group but it's password protected. Thanks! Trish
    2009: BQ?
      BUMP! anyone?
      pitrunner

Sorry Trishie. I'm not in the group but would love to run with you...if I was up to your pace Sad I am pretty sure I've come across a Hopkins area running club seperate from this site. Maybe through BRRC or something. Not sure, I can't find it right now. BTW - I used to live near Patterson Park too...Gough Street. Ahhh, how I miss it Sad
          Thanks! Hey, I see you volunteer at shelters --- any chance at the MD SPCA on falls?

Just Be

There's a group that meets up to run at the Fleet Feet in Pikesville, I haven't run with them in a long time, but I think they still meet every tues and thurs at 6. Personally, I don't feel safe running in the city. I've run a few times and it's scary, mainly when running on the streets. I've run on the JHU track several times, but now that I'm not in the city anymore it's pretty inaccessable to me because I don't like driving in the city. I'd run with you and the Fleet Feet running club if you met me there, or maybe we could work some schedule out where I go into the city if you know any decent places to run there where we don't have to worry about getting hit by any cars or jumped by criminals! haha I'm going into the city this afternoon to pick my wife up from school, she's about a 10 minute drive from Patterson Park. I've been driving her to school all week until we can get a rolling back-pack because it has started really hurting her back, but usually she just takes the metro to the Charles Center stop. I've taken that ride several times from Owings Mills or Pikesville, etc, and it's not that bad, only about 30 minutes once the train starts moving. I think it'd be fun to run with people on the forums, and don't worry because you think I'm faster than you, I still get winded running at 5 mph. Smile
            pitrunner

Thanks! Hey, I see you volunteer at shelters --- any chance at the MD SPCA on falls?
              No actually...but I do donate to them frequently. When I lived in the city I volunteered at the Humane Society of Bmore County. Now that I'm up further North I'm at the Harford Co. Humane Society. I love it...it's so hard not to take them all home...I fall in love 10x everytime I go Smile It's amazing that I only have 4 pets, lol!

Just Be

Calling trishierunner... Smile Let me know if you want to meet up at any races or whatnot, even if you say no, I'll respect that answer. Smile I'm just lookin for some sort of reply. Big grin
                jsanders1084

Hi, Actually there are a few of us that run a few days a week. I am a first year graduate student and starting and trying to start a running club here. There are about 5-6 of us and we meet during the week after 5 to do runs. There are a few beginners and a few of us training for marathons. So you are more than welcome to come run with us. We also have a runningahead group http://www.runningahead.com/groups/jhurun/ If you are up for running let one of us know! Jeff
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

We also have a runningahead group http://www.runningahead.com/groups/jhurun/
                    I tried to join the group but it's password protected.
                    Big grin
                    jsanders1084

The password is xc, sorry i didnt get back earlier on that. We have been running at night the past two weeks, so feel free to drop one of us a line and join. Jeff