Oxy Track Meet! (Read 312 times)

Men's Steeplechase (2nd Section) was a pretty good race with Jager leading and looking like he was in line for maybe 8:15-8:16 but then tried to pull a Kenyan and entirely hurdle the last water jump. Unfortunately this didn't work so well and he pretty much face-planted in the water. Donn Cabral used the opening to win in 8:19.14.

Section 2 of the Men's 800m was slightly interesting with Brandon Johnson (former 400m hurdeler) holding off Wheating to win in 1:46.81. Nobody, men or women, hit the A standard in the 800m.

Really nice performance for Rupp/Farah both in the 1500m finishing in 3:34.xx, with Farah edging Galen by a stride or two (honestly Galen looks like he could have had it but just kicked a little late/ran out of real estate.

Some other good performances in the 1500m by Robby Andrews (3:44.78) and Nick Symmonds (3:46.04)! Also of note was Jamal Aarrass winning his section in 3:34.85, followed closely by David Torrence who also got the A in 3:35.18.

In the women's 1500m races Rowbury got the A standard and won her section in 4:05.92. Uceny was outkicked by Gebriele Anderson (4:06.46), though I think Uceny might have just not been paying attention thinking it was in wraps since she had a 2-3m lead with 50m or less to go. 

In the women's 5000m Deena Kastor did all the work for 4600m meticulously clicking off 15:20 pace. In the last lap both Jackie Areson and Lisa Uhl took off and it seemed to break Kastor's spirit just a little. She finished just off the A in 15:23, with Areson and Uhl getting the A in 15:14.31/15:15.22

The end of the night turned out to be one hell of a treat! In a sweet turn of events Farah and Rupp decide to hop in the 5K and pace Ritz to the Olympic A. Pacer drops out and race slows a bit so Farah and Rupp start creeping up to bridge the gap of the slower pace since Ritz was in the back. Both stay in till after 4000m, at which point Rupp pulls off. Farah though, keeps on trekking, intent on closing the gap between Ritz and the leaders. By the time he did there is a lap and a half or so to go and racing instincts kicked in as Chelenga tried to surge by. Farah was having none of that and blitzed him the last 100m to winin 13:12, rabbiting his way (in flats) to the 2nd best time of the season.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

DoppleBock

Looks like Farah ended up making a statement of hit fitness between both races ... Nice to see

http://a-big-horse.blogspot.com/ 

2013 Goals ~ Mar < 3:00, 5M < 29, 10k < 35