Garmin 920xt used in triathlon mode, transfers as "Run" to RA (Read 73 times)

Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

https://www.runningahead.com/logs/daa74271e29f48348ec197aa4d1eabad/workouts/bbe8b98586ae407aa387f7934df6d745

I recently bought a new-to-me 920xt and used it in Triathl0n mode for the IMWI 70.3.  I have it rigged to upload to Garmin Connect, Training Peaks, and RA.  The race data transferred appropriately to the first two sites (ie: separated out as Swim, T1, Bike, T2, Run), but everything is grouped as Run in my RA log.

Is this a bug or just user error?  Thanks.

Jeanne

DukeDB

Same watch same thing happened with me - ok on Strava and Garmin Connect, all run here.  I just entered manually - don't race tri very often.

Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

Duke -  Were you also using the 920xt?

My old 310 and 910 uploaded tri's correctly to RA.

Jeanne

eric :)

Hi Coach Jeanne,

RA only knows about the default activity types, which is why it can't map the tri. I think there need to be a configuration page where you can tell the importer how to translate the activity reported by the GPS to the activities in your log.

eric Smile

jbaco

I have the 910xt and I have to manually enter each section

DukeDB

Yep, I was using the 920xt (the blue and black version, not the white and red one).

Anika Huber

To remove this bug just factory reset your device. To perform the master reset:
                Power Forerunner off
                Press and hold Mode and Enter buttons
                Press and release Power button (still holding Mode and Enter)
                Release Mode and Enter once Power is released
                The reset on the Forerunner 910XT is successful if the device finishes powering up and goes to the setup wizard.

If still issue exits refer to Garmin 920xt Manual for more solutions.

delicate flower

I delete the activity from my log.  Then I'll export each leg of the tri as a separate file from Garmin Connect and import them into RA manually.

<3