Healthy Running diet (Read 810 times)

Anyone know any type of list or schedual to follow? i have no idea what to eat.... Confused And i was thinking that if I get into this "so call diet" maybe I will have better performance on my 3 mile for XC PR(16:02.42) Goal:15:30 any ideas?
    ashares

16:02 is a pretty sweet time btw
        Unless you are overweight, I doubt any diet will help you get faster. More running is a better idea.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

A Saucy Wench

agree with bonkin...except I am guessing the original poster is a teen runner. In which case try to eat healthy foods in general. I do run better when I am eating good real foods (fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean meats, eggs etc.) rather than what a teen diet often looks like. The teens who babysit for my kids seem to have one of two diets. Diet a is the burger fries & soda diet (& lattes) . Diet b is the salad and diet soda and coffee diet. Roll eyes

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The best "diet" is generally found in the foods around the perimeter of the grocery store...these things are generally the least processed (dairy, eggs, meat, produce). Avoiding the inner aisles is usually a healthy bet. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

BLAZE

Avoiding the inner aisles is usually a healthy bet. Smile I too have heard this before!

Oh Mighty Wing

The best "diet" is generally found in the foods around the perimeter of the grocery store...these things are generally the least processed (dairy, eggs, meat, produce). Avoiding the inner aisles is usually a healthy bet. Smile
                OMG you are SOOO right!!! I just did a quick trip around the market in my head and other than the bakery you are TOTALLY right!!!
                  As a general rule: If it has a label, don't eat it.