Inappropriate smiling (warning: off color words and concepts) (Read 1117 times)

We had a new principal in my high school - Mr Bates. Rumour is he came from a private school where men were referred as "Master".  We got quite a giggle out of that one.

My Math teacher in Grade 11 was Robert Robertson (cruel parents).  

I have trouble pronouncing the last name (very common I'm told) of Fuchs. 

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Cool Jump Suit

We had a kid in my high school who was one of the boat people from Vietnam.  Whose name, ironically, was Viet Nam Nguyen.  We had another kid named Pete Moss. 

So bittersweet,
      This tragedy
      Won't ask for absolution;
      This melody,
      Inside of me,
      Still searches for solution.
      A twist of faith,
      A change of heart
      Cures my infatuation.
      A broken heart, 
      Provides the spark
      For my determination.

Menace to Sobriety

At one time, the Oakland A's had a couple of pitchers named Klink and Plunk.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

xor

We had a new principal in my high school - Mr Bates. Rumour is he came from a private school where men were referred as "Master".  We got quite a giggle out of that one.

My Math teacher in Grade 11 was Robert Robertson (cruel parents).  

I have trouble pronouncing the last name (very common I'm told) of Fuchs. 

My sister took Bible Class in 1972 high school from a Miss Fuchs.  Being six at the time, I didn't quite get why she had so much fun with it.

Another baseball story, which I've told here before.  There were pitchers back in the 80s/early 90s active at the same time: Tim Teufel and Jim Gott.  'teufel' is German for devil.  'gott' is god.  It was always fun when the matchup was Teufel v Gott.  I wish I could also say "exciting", but they weren't very good.

Timmy Teufel was a second baseman. Just saying. He used to wiggle as he settled into the batter's box.  They called it the Timmy Teufel Tushey Shuffle.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Prince of Fatness

There's a guy named Nads that posts on these very boards.  Awkward.

Not at it at all. 

xor

So he was.  Apparently I'm misremembering the pitcher/batter matchup.  Forgive me, because aside from the name pairing, it was never very interesting.

(wiki tells me that he's currently the manager of the Bison(s). Glad to see he's employed)

Ha, an Upper Deck baseball card. Back in the day, those were like gold. At least that's what Mr. Beckett said. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

kcam

I remember a Corky Dick from my first job when I graduated from college.  Good engineer, funny name.

xor

"Hold on to this card... it'll be worth way more than a Nolan Ryan rookie card some day!"

BWAHAHAHA

Actually, it is still a popular card.  But not like that.

Imminent Catastrophe

So he was.  Apparently I'm misremembering the pitcher/batter matchup.  Forgive me, because aside from the name pairing, it was never very interesting.

(wiki tells me that he's currently the manager of the Bison(s). Glad to see he's employed)

So, what's Mike Sweeney up to?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

But that's even better.  God facing down the Devil at the plate?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/batter_vs_pitcher.cgi?batter=teufeti01#gotresults&batter=teufeti01&min_year_game=1983&max_year_game=1993&post=1&opp_id=&throws=any&opponent_status=&c1criteria=&c1gtlt=eq&c1val=0&c2criteria=&c2gtlt=eq&c2val=0&orderby=Name&orderby_dir=desc&orderby_second=Name&orderby_dir_second=asc&ajax=1&submitter=1

So... how did they do?  We need to use Baseball-Reference.com which tells us the following:

they had 11 times they faced off.

God struck out the Devil 1 time and walked him twice.

The Devil managed 2 hits in 9 at-bats for a .222 average

1 of those hits left the yard and the Devil rounded the bases triumfant as God shuffled his feet and glanced around.

xor

zzzzzzzz

xor

So, what's Mike Sweeney up to?

Mine is being pumped full of radioactive glucose today.

Ok, not exactly, but that's where it feels like it goes.

Many years ago I worked for a trucking company that had two brothers that drove OTW. Their last name was Liss. First names? Peter and Dick.