September "Virtual" race coming up! (Read 932 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

If you continue to have problems you should talk with your doc - maybe there's something they can do to adjust any meds you're on? You haven't said anything about taking insulin, but even if you're taking oral meds to keep the glucose down you may want to ask him/her about it and your running. Maybe come in to the office armed with some hard data (taking BG before, during, after runs for a few times?) to help explain your problem in case they're not used to people who actually exercise... Roll eyes Anyway, I'd better get off this topic since it's not the "virtual" race... good luck!

Roads were made for journeys...

Doc wanted to put me on meds at the time I was dx'd, but I begged off. I was fat and not eating right and knew my dad controlled his with diet and exersize alone for 15 years. He aggreed to let me try it for a few months. That few months will be 2 years come 23 Nov. I have even been taken off the blood pressure meds!!! Most times when I am low I get light headed and or fustrated easily. When I get testy at work someone will ask me when I last ate. I have to see the doc in a few weeks, so I'll discuss it with him then.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

scrumhalfgirl

Is it too late for me to join? I saw the last month's post, and was so interested, but then forgot about it this month! I did a 6K run yesterday, so I'll just take the 5K split, if that's okay? Thanks! -Jess

-Jess

Wingz

Professional Noob

Gotcha, Jess! Welcome! And thanks for signing on to the group. Be sure to check out your "virtual" profile page to make sure I've got your stuff right. Janell

Wingz

Professional Noob

Results are in! See how we all did, over at www.geocities.com/yanelh/results_page.html. Great job everyone! Hope to see you next month! Janell

bas

Count on it!

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Results are in! See how we all did, over at http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/results_page.html. Great job everyone! Hope to see you next month! Janell
                I keep getting a "cannot be displayed" message

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Wingz

Professional Noob

Ah, it was the old "double http" trick that I forgot about. I fixed it - try again! Thanks for letting me know!