Plantar Fasciitis? (Read 507 times)

If it isn't one thing it is another it seems Ran 7 miles yesterday with a knee brace for my ITBS and it worked just fine. Knees ached during the night but I have NEVER rund that kind id distance before. After the run my right foot was sore with some pain just ahead and to teh right of the instep but the heal on that foot was a bitch. Then this moring it hurt for a while, It is just to the left of center of the heal and almost centered front to back of the heal. Could it be I am just over correcting worrying about that knee and the ITBS? Or is it PF?

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

I think you may have been overcorrecting a bit, and the fact that you ran a distance greater than you have before can always bring interesting after effects. :-) I suffered through Plantar Fasciitis a few years ago. One of the tell tale signs of PF hits first thing in the morning, literally when you step out of bed. While you rest, scar tissue begins to form at the origin of the tendon, and when you take your first few steps, you tear that away, resulting in pain that is NOT the kind of wake-up that you want. Are you experiencing, or have you experienced anything like this? If you are not, then I think that you probably overdid, or overcorrected.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Over corection sounds right. The pain is just there off and on all day. More so when bare foot on the basement floor (cement with thin carpet). We ran on fresh snow too. Another first for me. About an hour before our run it started to snow bad. The roads never got too bad but the People' Trail which was about 2 miles of the run was 1 to 1.5 inches of loose slippery snow. And I know that changed my gait at least some. I have calf pain too in that leg which I NEVER have. I make sure I warm up and then stretch real good. Our Training Leader really pushes that and a Sprots Med Doc that came to our meeting did so too. I am going to try 3 miles Monday afternoon and see how it feels. One way or another I AM running the HM in May Update: Got up today (Mon) and the heal felt fine untill later. So that rules out PF I would think. I am sure it was the loose snow running. I used to love winter

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

How's the heel feeling a week or so later? I'm really sure that the combination of your increased distance and the running on an unfamiliar surface just threw a whammy at you. Whether you realized it or not, I'm willing to bet that you changed your gait and also guarded yourself running on the wet snow surface - hence, the calf pain, etc..

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright