Asics DS Trainer (Read 1054 times)

First run in them today. Was a little nervous about these - have been running exclusively in 2130s and the like - more protection etc. I need not have worried - they were awesome. Why haven't I been running in them before? Anyone else train in these? Anyone use the DS Racers? Would be very interested to hear some reports on them.

TRIing to beat the heat!

I'm interested in feedback as well (although I think there 'was' a thread on the new 14s not too long ago). I just picked up a pair of DS Trainer 14s, but haven't run in them yet. Previously I have used Mizuno Wave Inspire, PI Streak and Nike Lunar Trainer as my lightweight trainers, but I couldn't resist theallure of the DS 14 with the new updates. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL

I've only run in the DS Trainer 13s and like them. I've used them for training runs and for a 5K and 2.5 mile race. I like them. My gait is neutral but the little bit of stability is not too much. I do kinda feel the heel a little too much though. I have read some posts here complaining that they raised the heel by 1/2 inch with the 13s. I'm happy with them but when i got up over 10 miles I felt like I needed a little more shoe. My lower legs got a little fatigued. But that's just me. More running would help that I think. For now, my longer runs I go with my Brooks Glycerins. I have to say, I don't even feel the DS Trainers after wearing those.

Chaser of Steeples

I've worn the 12's and 13s and was really happy with the reduction of the arch in the 13. I hope that the 14s keep the arch about congruent with the 13s. From what I understand, there has been an expansion in the cushioning system in the 14, I am curious as to how that has affected the weight of the shoe.
          Mile PR: 4:27.7 3k PR: 9:07.34 3k Steeple PR: 9:40.01 5k PR: 15:23 8k Cross PR: 25:43
            Purdey, I've used the DS Racers and wasn't all that keen, they were reasonably quick but they cut my feet up quite badly across the top of the toes - I'd recommend trying them before you buy.

Jeri from Houston

I am a wear tester for ASICS andI have run in all 14 versions of the DS Trainer. This is about an ounce more than the first few versions but; it has the same 20/10 profile so the additional weight isn't a problem. It fits more like the DST 7 so it is more normal. It has an outsole similar the the DST 7 as well. I have 167 miles of concrete/asphalt on my DST 14's and they show very minimal wear. I have only disliked a couple of versions and they were about 10 years ago. Most runnes I talk to are pleased with them, especially the fit. Many thought the DST 12 and 12 didn't fit too well.

Got a notice from Road Runner Sports that this shoe is "endangered" - any idea how long I really have before I order my final 2 pairs?  Or any announcement on the DS Trainer 17?