First 4 miler (Read 378 times)

dirtroadrunner

Big grin

Big grinBig grinBig grin Endorphins are awesome!  I was really scheduled to do 2.5 but I felt great and managed a 9 something pacabout what distance do you worry what to eat after (like protein, etc)?

Feeling the growl again

Big grin

Big grinBig grinBig grin Endorphins are awesome!  I was really scheduled to do 2.5 but I felt great and managed a 9 something pacabout what distance do you worry what to eat after (like protein, etc)?

Like, 16-20 miles or 1:40-2:00.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

dirtroadrunner

That's what I was figuring. Looks like I was so excited I forgot how to spell check Blush

Congrats. Every accomplishment and good feeling keep us excited and motivated to get back out there. A four mile run doesn't need much in the way of post run meal. However eating something within 30 minutes is always a good idea. A nice 8Oz glass of chocolate milk would do the trick and be a nice treat. It might erase any caloric burn if you're counting calories. Congrats again.
          LRB

Congratulations! 

With running, there is no right or wrong way.  Only your way, which you will learn. 

Many of us run double digit miles on an empty stomach, but we have worked our way up to that.

My point is the body can do amazing things, and you do not necessarily need protein supplementation to run short, or long.

Great work on your progress thus far!