2019 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 386 times)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Along the same thread, has anyone submitted an improved time and heard back? I submitted my NYC marathon time 3 weeks ago and still haven't gotten confirmation from them, which is odd.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

So, out of curiosity, does anyone have corral time breakdowns from the 2018 race?

The image you found was taken from Greg Maclin's "pacing & info" spreadsheet for Boston. The corral data is available on the free trial download, but for $6 you can get quite a bit of information on the course and generate custom pace bands. I did that the first time I ran Boston and thought it was well worth it.

I haven't posted an image to RA yet, but(assuming this works) here you go:

corral-times

Joann Y

So far, so good...had an unexpectedly great workout yesterday, so that's something.

That's good to hear!

Pesto

A RB submitted his and got a confirmation email within a week I think. I submitted mine about a week ago and haven't heard back yet. In both cases they were relatively small marathons, so I also find it odd you haven't heard back with a NYC marathon time after 3 weeks. Can you contact them?

Along the same thread, has anyone submitted an improved time and heard back? I submitted my NYC marathon time 3 weeks ago and still haven't gotten confirmation from them, which is odd.

5K - 18:03 (5.18) | 10K - 37:58 (2.18) | HM - 1:20:45 (9.18) | FM: 2:57:59 (10.18)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

A RB submitted his and got a confirmation email within a week I think. I submitted mine about a week ago and haven't heard back yet. In both cases they were relatively small marathons, so I also find it odd you haven't heard back with a NYC marathon time after 3 weeks. Can you contact them?

I submitted it again a week ago and haven’t heard back, no idea what’s going on.

How does one actually contact them? I can’t find an email on the website (which I guess is by design so people aren’t constantly bothering them).

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Pesto

Not sure it'll work but you could try replying to the latest email they sent, in which they informed of the procedure to submit the improved time. It seems to be a valid email address, not a "no-reply" one.

I submitted it again a week ago and haven’t heard back, no idea what’s going on.

How does one actually contact them? I can’t find an email on the website (which I guess is by design so people aren’t constantly bothering them).

5K - 18:03 (5.18) | 10K - 37:58 (2.18) | HM - 1:20:45 (9.18) | FM: 2:57:59 (10.18)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I will try that, thank you!

Nasreddin Hoja

I will try that, thank you!

I notice you are down for Kleinermann.  I usually run this but will probably not this time and may volunteer b/c I love the race.  I notice a lot of Boston-bound peeps there, some of them even come down from CT MA.  I could imagine a big 10K in early January would fit nicely into the schedule.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I notice you are down for Kleinermann.  I usually run this but will probably not this time and may volunteer b/c I love the race.  I notice a lot of Boston-bound peeps there, some of them even come down from CT MA.  I could imagine a big 10K in early January would fit nicely into the schedule.

It does, it's a good early test of fitness in the cycle. I will be running the NYC Half as my final test. Not sure I will race in between that, I don't like racing too much as I think it puts a dent in training.

I just got an update from BAA that my updated time was finally accepted, about 4 weeks after I submitted. Not sure what they're doing over there...

Nasreddin Hoja

It does, it's a good early test of fitness in the cycle. I will be running the NYC Half as my final test. Not sure I will race in between that, I don't like racing too much as I think it puts a dent in training.

I just got an update from BAA that my updated time was finally accepted, about 4 weeks after I submitted. Not sure what they're doing over there...

Congratulations on Boston!  I normally do a volunteer stint over at the NYC Half in March, but the course positions are already full and it seems too far out to commit to expo.  So I took course marshall South for Kleinermann and will see you there.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Although I originally refused to get one of these things, I actually think that’s the best color combination. May have to reconsider.

delicate flower

Jacket ordered!  Got a medium.  Fellow forumite onemile posted coupon code ADIFAM which brings the jacket down to $77.  I won't wear the jacket until race weekend.

<3

Joann Y

I can't seem to find the women's version. How did you find the men's?

delicate flower

I can't seem to find the women's version. How did you find the men's?

Someone posted the women's link on facebook.  I can't find either jacket without a direct link.

https://www.adidas.com/us/boston-marathon-celebration-jacket/DX1852.html?fbclid=IwAR1QEOMHO0Tet__0-PHTWDh6gTC0lW4lEKUPjnITKdCmr71u6aXarBGugLM

Edit:  Says out of stock on the women's.  I am guessing they just aren't available yet or the link needs to be updated.

<3