2019 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 386 times)

Joann Y

So you're not interested in my idea of having a photo of your acceptance letter screen printed on a t-shirt, huh?

My coffee stained acceptance letter? I'd fit in better with the hipsters in the neighborhood! Hmmm...   or maybe I should spill some Malort on it first...?

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I haven't seen anything from BAA about the jacket. Did you get a notice or something? I'm a first timer so excuse my ignorance on the process.

No. I only know from someone else on the forum who posted it.

Dave

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Julia1971

I just hit publish on my Guide to the Boston Marathon.  (Like an idiot, I thought it would be smart to convert my draft from the classic editor on Wordpress to some new fancy editor that they're moving everyone to in two years.  Everything got corrupted and I had to start over from scratch!  Being an early adopted never pays off!)  If you see any errors, let me know and I'm happy to correct them... tomorrow!

Officially kicked off my training cycle on Sunday.  I'm gonna try Hanson's again even though I'm not a huge fan because... why not?  Plus, I'm going to follow it up with the Cleveland Marathon.  TheRunningDan, I pulled weather stats from the past 10 years and you're right - it's hot in Cleveland in May!  I never would have guessed.  I'm going to run it anyway because that city needs love.  Smile  Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks Julia, that’s pretty awesome!

Also I learned from that link that you ran Eugene last year. I ran it this year, and I thought it was a pretty great race. (Well it was a shitty race for me, but not their fault.) I recommend it to everyone. I ran it just in time - it will not finish at Hayward Field next year due to construction.

Dave

Joann Y

Thanks Julia, that’s pretty awesome!

Agree!

I second that!  Thanks Julia1971

Agree!

I second that!  Thanks Julia1971 !

Julia1971

Thanks, everyone!

DavePNW, I thought about running Eugene again this spring - it's my second favorite marathon so far behind New York City and I really, really want to go back at some point.  But with Haywood Field under construction, I thought I should wait a few years before running it again.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I just remembered after seeing this thread I had my first Boston dream last night. For some reason, I didn't take any liquids in or gels the entire race, and started to feel very bad by the end of it. I also got lost on the course and realized I had thrown all of my training down the drain. I think this is the equivalent of the "I came to class and realized I didn't study for the test" dream for marathoners!

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

delicate flower

My jacket arrived today.  I liked it online but it's even nicer in person.  I got a medium and it is a little big.  Roomy in the midsection and the arms are a tiny bit long.  I am guessing the small would be a little small.

<3

Julia1971

Thanks for posting.  The color always looks a little different "live" than online.  The website made it look more turquoise than it looks in your picture.  I might look good in this color.  (Not as good as I look in the orange, but still pretty fly.)

My jacket arrived today.  I liked it online but it's even nicer in person.  I got a medium and it is a little big.  Roomy in the midsection and the arms are a tiny bit long.  I am guessing the small would be a little small.

It is beautiful.

Mine was apparently delivered today too, although sadly I am not home to get it. Not that, because I am in Hawaii. But still, I want to hold it in my grubby little hands. I’m now wondering if I should have gotten the medium. I guess we’ll see how it fits. I assume I’d be able to exchange it if needed. Although once I have it in my possession, not sure if I’ll want to let it go.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

So how do you get the jacket? I didn’t see anything about it when registering or since. I’m a first timer so maybe not so smart...

Also, I feel a little funny getting a jacket before I’ve actually finished the race. Are they available post race or do they sell out?