2019 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 386 times)

So how do you get the jacket? I didn’t see anything about it when registering or since. I’m a first timer so maybe not so smart...

Also, I feel a little funny getting a jacket before I’ve actually finished the race. Are they available post race or do they sell out?

Also a first timer, but I have been coveting this thing for quite some time. There is a link to buy upthread, but here it is again (men’s version):

https://www.adidas.com/us/boston-marathon-celebration-jacket/DX1851.html?fbclid=IwAR3cuN-R3f6lLO7SY2lhBSjBOhoj8gUiaiiv7aMDAZby1q6f3vGFhjmVV2U

I’m sure you can get it there, and I don’t think they sell out, someone with experience can correct me. I don’t plan on wearing it before then, but I do plan to wear on the flight out there. As with anything you will get diverse views on jacket-wearing etiquette, but there will be plenty of people wearing them en route. Probably some on your flight.

Dave

delicate flower

I’m sure you can get it there, and I don’t think they sell out, someone with experience can correct me.

I'm also a first timer and it is my understanding that there are a SHIT TON of them at the expo.  I bought mine early to alleviate my sense of urgency in getting to the expo early to buy one.  Now I won't feel quite as antsy. 

<3

mattw4jc

I'm also a first timer and it is my understanding that there are a SHIT TON of them at the expo.  I bought mine early to alleviate my sense of urgency in getting to the expo early to buy one.  Now I won't feel quite as antsy. 

I didn't get to the Expo until Sunday morning (2017). There was no shortage of jackets or other gear for that matter. I tried on and purchased mine there. It was too warm to wear it until Tuesday morning's return trip.

Five or six weeks later they were available for 50% off on Adidas.com.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Thanks for all the advice. I’ll probably order mine ahead. Have always been jealous of the occasional person I saw wearing one!

delicate flower

Thanks for all the advice. I’ll probably order mine ahead. Have always been jealous of the occasional person I saw wearing one!

Honestly I would not have purchased mine ahead of time if Adidas hadn't dangled a 30% off coupon in front of me.  That was 33 bucks saved.

<3

JMac11

RIP Milkman

does this coupon still exist? Right now the website say that the jacket is excluded from all promos.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

delicate flower

does this coupon still exist? Right now the website say that the jacket is excluded from all promos.

The coupon expired.  I see the exclusion now on the website.  That wasn't there before.  We can all thank DaveP for ruining this for everyone!

<3

The coupon expired.  I see the exclusion now on the website.  That wasn't there before.  We can all thank DaveP for ruining this for everyone!

Ha, I am passing the buck to onemile, who initially alerted us to the jacket availability, and alerted us to the coupon code, even though she’s not even running the thing. Anyway it seems it must have been a glitch on the Adidas side, because it’s hard to imagine they would intentionally offer a discount on the jacket.

Dave

delicate flower

Ha, I am passing the buck to onemile, who initially alerted us to the jacket availability, and alerted us to the coupon code, even though she’s not even running the thing. Anyway it seems it must have been a glitch on the Adidas side, because it’s hard to imagine they would intentionally offer a discount on the jacket.

*high five*

I can use that $33 to buy a Boston Marathon hoodie now.  Or at least, half a hoodie.

<3

Made it home, and jacket had not been stolen off the porch. It is indeed a thing of beauty. The color in person to my eye does not exactly look like in the picture on the website or the one Baboon posted (which look different to me). Seems like almost a teal. The large pretty much fits like my regular running jacket, so what size you pick depends on whether you prefer a roomier or closer fit. Sleeves feel a bit long, but mainly because the elastic at the end doesn’t really do much. But it’s all good, and I’ll probably stick with this size.

Dave

Made my flight reservations!

Dave

Joann Y

Made my flight reservations!

Gah! I need to get on it! I'm still jealous that you got your jacket. It says not until Dec 31 at 2am now for the ladies. And of course no discount.

Gah! I need to get on it! I'm still jealous that you got your jacket. It says not until Dec 31 at 2am now for the ladies. And of course no discount.

IDK what made me pull the trigger today, other than trying to avoid doing work at work. Yeah it's good to have the jacket. I have a race tomorrow, and really tempted to wear it there, but I won't. It's sitting on the back of my kitchen chair for now, so I can see it all the time, heh. Maybe that's what made me think about flights. That's pretty much the final piece of the puzzle. Oh, and training. And going the next 16 weeks without breaking anything.

Dave

Julia1971

IDK what made me pull the trigger today, other than trying to avoid doing work at work. Yeah it's good to have the jacket. I have a race tomorrow, and really tempted to wear it there, but I won't. It's sitting on the back of my kitchen chair for now, so I can see it all the time, heh. Maybe that's what made me think about flights. That's pretty much the final piece of the puzzle. Oh, and training. And going the next 16 weeks without breaking anything.

IMHO, it really does make it feel more special to wait until after the race.  In fact, I don't wear mine very often. For me, it's a swagger jacket.  I wear it marathon weekend but otherwise, if I put it on, it's a sign that I'm gonna go full bad-*** that day.

brad0985

2019 will be my first Boston. I'll be traveling with my wife & 7 year old daughter, as well as a few other qualifiers from my local running group. Do any past participants or locals have any suggestions on "must-do" activities or eateries that are kid friendly?