2019 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 386 times)

mikeymike

No pause between corrals but like 25 minutes between waves.

Runners run

FSBD

In case anyone was curious.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Two issues for me,

1) should I be nervous if I haven't received my bib/wave/corral email yet?

2) may not matter as I haven't run in 10 days due to a first time knee issue...just hoping it goes away in time to get a good week in with a week to taper...

RunnerJones

Will Run for Donuts!

Two issues for me,

2) may not matter as I haven't run in 10 days due to a first time knee issue...just hoping it goes away in time to get a good week in with a week to taper...

I haven't received an email either, but I see my bib number and corral assignment (Wave 2/Corral 4) on the entry list, so I'm worried about it.

Hope your knee gets better!

I don't think anyone got an email. They posted on their FB page that the info was available. Just find yourself on the entry list.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I don't think anyone got an email. They posted on their FB page that the info was available. Just find yourself on the entry list.

Thanks! That explains it. I had received an email from BAA a week or so ago that said they would be sending an email soon with bib and corral info. When others here said they had their bib numbers, I thought it was because BAA had sent that email.

Looked up my info: bib 18873, wave 3, corral 3.

NorthNorthwest

Yeah, you didn't miss an email...I had the same reaction and searched my email just in case. I assume BAA got the bib numbers sorted out and in their database, so they figured they'd let people know they're in there. They probably are still prepping the email blast and maybe want to coordinate it with a final newsletter, details on athlete tracking, expo details, etc. I know from experience planning events that you definitely can send emails with critical info TOO soon before an event; then people forget about it, lose it, don't think it's important, assume they'll read it later, etc.

Tejas Runner

I am in Wave 3 Corral 6.   This will be my second shot at Boston.  I got a stress fracture 4 weeks before Boston last year.  It wasn't fully healed but I was cleared to run - but the weather just did me in.  My temp was 91 when I went in to the med tent at mile 18.

Training has been going really well but I haven't raced since Sept so I really have no idea what my time will be.   I don't really trust it but my VO2 Max estimate on my Garmin has gone up by 6 points since Sept.

Last long run on Sat.  Then full blown taper madness to commence.

Smile

darkwave

Mother of Cats

So....I'm posting this here on behalf of a friend in case anyone is interested.

She has a transferable but non-refundable hotel reservation that she will not be using for Sunday/Monday nights, and would like to transfer to someone else.  The details are:

King superior suite at the Boston Park plaza hotel which includes a living area and kitchen, for the Sunday/Monday nights race weekend. It's a pretty big space and very close to the finish line and where the bus loading is to take you to the starting line. Pricing is ~$1,150 total for both nights including tax.

If you're interested, let me know and I can connect you with her.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

RunnerJones

Will Run for Donuts!

It's April 1st!  Time to start weather-stalking!

Accuweather shows 40-53, with rain/drizzle possible.  Ugh.  I suppose it can't be as bad as last year though.

It's April 1st!  Time to start weather-stalking!

Accuweather shows 40-53, with rain/drizzle possible.  Ugh.  I suppose it can't be as bad as last year though.

Ugh?? That's awesome! The rain of course is always a crapshoot, and you can never know exactly what you're going to get till we get much, much closer. But if that temp forecast holds, it's a beautiful thing.

Dave

RunnerJones

Will Run for Donuts!

Ugh?? That's awesome! The rain of course is always a crapshoot, and you can never know exactly what you're going to get till we get much, much closer. But if that temp forecast holds, it's a beautiful thing.

I suppose if you're racing it, then yeah, those temps are about perfect (though I could do without the rain).  I'm just fun-running Boston this year, so I mostly don't want to be cold waiting around for the race to start.  2017 was perfect - if every year could be like that, I'd be happy.  Anyway, the forecast will likely change between now and then, so who knows what we'll get this year.

I'm just fun-running Boston this year, so I mostly don't want to be cold waiting around for the race to start.  

Isn't that what throwaway sweats are for?

Dave

mikeymike

Runners run

paul2432

The rules for elite men and elite women will be more equal this year.

https://www.womensrunning.com/2019/04/boston-marathon/equality-at-the-boston-marathon-is-long-overdue_101164

I'm fine with equalizing the rules, but it should have been done before registration so people know what they are getting for their money.