it's the eponomy (Read 384 times)

I always find it amusing when I read a runner's name is "Fast" or "Quick" or "Hill" or whatever.

But, perusing the Southern Conference XC results from this weekend (go Wildcats), saw that Furman has a freshman, Tripp Hurt - who so far has a 25:15 so he's doing alright, but that's some name for a XC runner.

Any other good ones?

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
      The London office for this place I worked at in the 90s had a guy named Harry Mole.

Last year's Baystate Marathon had a guy named Ryan Carrara run a 2:27:07...and I thought Carrara was close enough to Carrera (Spanish for "race") to find it ammusing.

Just a dude.

One of the better runners around here is named Harry Mann...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

My sister used to barrel race and she rode against a kid named National Champion once. Some parents Roll eyes

I know this doesn't count for this thread but one summer there was a kid at a couple of races that I ran who used the false name "Bruce Wayne" and wore a Batman costume during the race but changed into street clothes to collect his age group awards.

xor

I won't go through my long list of goofy names (Yoo Suk), but I will offer up one of my fb running friends.  Fanny Chu.