it's the eponomy (Read 632 times)

kk_kittenkat

kk_kittenkat

Maybe as a non American I don't know what 'nub' means, I'm assuming a derogatory term for stump? I have no idea but very not cool to admit as an adult (are you an adult?) that you endorse laughing at someone or labelling them in a really negative way because of a physical impairment?

Fucking hilarious. Not.

And trust me, I'm not touchy feeley or politically correct for the sake of it; but there are certain limits no?

Just a dude.

Maybe as a non American I don't know what 'nub' means, I'm assuming a derogatory term for stump? I have no idea but very not cool to admit as an adult (are you an adult?) that you endorse laughing at someone or labelling them in a really negative way because of a physical impairment?

Fucking hilarious. Not.

And trust me, I'm not touchy feeley or politically correct for the sake of it; but there are certain limits no?

Reallly? Just a bit of reading comprehension shows that TanyaS was talking about when she was a kid. Not that she does it now or that she condones it. Just that it was something that happened years ago when she was in school. Clicking on TanyaS's name shows that she is 53.

Nub isn't really derogatory. But it does rhyme with sub. Hence the joke.

I don't know what country you are from, but most 10 year olds in any country would think that was funny 40 years ago.

Nowhere do I read TanyaS saying something like "Hey, Nub is a great word to use to make fun of handicapped teachers everywhere! You should try it." Saying something is funny is nothing like condoning it. I don't condone the language of most comediens, but I still find them funny... I also don't run around trying to get them to change the way they talk...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

(to Trolletta)

Menace to Sobriety

Not runners, but for a while, the Oakland A's had a couple of pitchers named Klink and Plunk.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Kilnk and Plunk... he... that reminds me of baseball back in the 80's.

Jim Gott and Tim Teufel squared up for the first time in '83.  Now this was interesting to me as I was learning some German at the time and Gott is German for God while Teufel is German for Devil.  The first time they matched up Lucifer took the Lord deep for a home run.

kk_kittenkat

Reallly? Just a bit of reading comprehension shows that TanyaS was talking about when she was a kid. Not that she does it now or that she condones it. Just that it was something that happened years ago when she was in school. Clicking on TanyaS's name shows that she is 53.

I don't know what country you are from, but most 10 year olds in any country would think that was funny 40 years ago.

Nowhere do I read TanyaS saying something like "Hey, Nub is a great word to use to make fun of handicapped teachers everywhere! You should try it." Saying something is funny is nothing like condoning it. I don't condone the language of most comediens, but I still find them funny... I also don't run around trying to get them to change the way they talk...

-Kelly

What does '53' mean? I just posted as I saw in response to a conversation. If you guys are going to go down the line of "We must be right because we are regular posters, irrepective of how we are perceived by someone just looking in or if we are actually right or wrong?". You need a reality check. You can't (or shouldn't be allowed to) just come across as that? If someone challenges some stuff in the public domain, wouldn't it be good to have a conversation about that?

so anyway, moving on, the best baseball name ever was actually some guy named Beer.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=beer--001---

(dang, the link has to be obtained another way...)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/924869-25-funniest-names-in-baseball-history/page/5

or maybe Ten Million.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=millio001ten

C-R

I worked with a fella in the Air Force whose last name was Kirk.

He was a Major at the time but before that.... yup you guessed it. I have no idea if he dated green chicks and kept tribbles as pets.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I worked with a fella in the Air Force whose last name was Kirk.

He was a Major at the time but before that.... yup you guessed it. I have no idea if he dated green chicks and kept tribbles as pets.

the commander of the US Navy's first stealth destroyer is Captain James Kirk.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/10/31/242130673/capt-james-kirk-to-command-navys-new-stealth-destroyer

I work with a guy named Bryan Sargent.  He was a tank driver in the army and you could guess what his rank was.  He was the only one in his battalion who could be called "Sarge" as it was not a nickname for his rank, but for his last name.

kk_kittenkat

-Kelly

No, most people wouldn't find it funny in any way, shape or form. It's not actually funny. There are very many jokes about disabled people that are funny, and said disabled people would agree. But this is base and just nasty, or ignorant at best.

Or just not funny.

I know a guy who has 2 kids.  Oldest is Brock.  Youngest is Chloe.

I laugh every time when I hear them talk about their kids.

They had no idea when they named their youngest Chloe that it's dang funny to have your kids name Broccoli.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Birdwell

I'm pretty sure most 10 year olds would find that funny right now.

10 year olds aren't known for their great taste in appropriate comedy.

Birdwell

What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs water skiing?

Skip