it's the eponomy (Read 632 times)

kk_kittenkat

I'm pretty sure most 10 year olds would find that funny right now.

10 year olds aren't known for their great taste in appropriate comedy.

So, is the person that challenged me on here 10 years old? I think not.

kk_kittenkat

What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs water skiing?

Skip

I don't get that? I can be completely un PC but what does that even mean? Skip?

Hey! Where do people with one leg eat breakfast?

IHOP!

Birdwell

what do you call a guy with no arms and no legs at your front door?

matt

Birdwell

What do you call a girl with no arms and no legs in a backpack?

Carrie

Hey...I find that offensive to Matts (not really though Wink )  I actually have a doormat that just says Welcome, I'm Mat.

What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs in a pile of leaves?

Russell

Birdwell

What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs in a swimming pool?

Bob

Birdwell

I don't get that? I can be completely un PC but what does that even mean? Skip?

Just a dude.

What does '53' mean? I just posted as I saw in response to a conversation. If you guys are going to go down the line of "We must be right because we are regular posters, irrepective of how we are perceived by someone just looking in or if we are actually right or wrong?". You need a reality check. You can't (or shouldn't be allowed to) just come across as that? If someone challenges some stuff in the public domain, wouldn't it be good to have a conversation about that?

If you clicked on TanyaS's profile yourself, you would see that the '53' is next to the label called Age:

53 means she is currenly 53 years old. In your post attacking what she typed, you question whether she was a kid still. Instead of making a wild guess, I simply looked at her profile to see what her age actually was. I don't know if its absolutely true. She could have typed anything in there. But it is at least a clue.

I didn't say anyone was right or wrong. Once again, please use reading comprehension skills. It looks to me like you jumped to some conclusion that 53 meant that one or both of us have been long time members. Then, it appears to me, that you further extrapolated our feeling of being right because of the length of time in a message board. As far as I know, this is the first interaction I've had with you. I am impressed with your skills of knowing my thoughts and intentions.

I feel that you challenged what TanyaS said in a public forum, and I thought I would add to the conversation by posting that in my opinion, TanyaS's comments were nothing like your intrepretation of them. I feel you have also intrepreted my comments much differently than my intent as well.

We will have to agree to disagree on exactly how funny people would think TanyaS's comments 40 something years ago are. The whole point of TanyaS's post was that it happened, and 12 year old her thought it was funny. 12 year old me would have thought it was funny. It appears Birdwell finds it funny. Of the people who have commented so far, it is 3 funny to 1 not funny.

If one of my kids came home with a story similar to TanyaS's, I would probably tell them "Yes. It's funny. No you can't say that." And then perhaps teach them something about empathy.

Judging people for what they find funny to me is like judging them for what color they like or which sports team the root for. Different people find different things funny. I don't think it would be any better to just have people lie about what's funny to fit some political correct box.

And sorry everyone else.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I know this doesn't count for this thread but one summer there was a kid at a couple of races that I ran who used the false name "Bruce Wayne" and wore a Batman costume during the race but changed into street clothes to collect his age group awards.

My dad's name (first and middle) actually is Bruce Wayne...but he pre-dates Batman.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

DH graduated college with a guy whose first and middle initials were O. K.  His last name was Doke.  I've always thought his parents must be a pretty fun couple and their kid clearly thought so, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Just a dude.

In the Runner's World name contest linked above, Tripp Fall was the winner. He is a pretty good college steepler.

I was thinking about him at lunch. Let's say there are several really good steeplers when he leaves college all looking to be pros. This kid has a cool name, and thousands of people have heard of him. Maybe he had 5000 twitter followers and ends up with an interview in Runner's World because of the contest. This gives him a huge advantage.

Brooks or someone could easily make a subtle anti-Nike campaign out of this guy. I could see a commercial of him running over barrier after barrier, with people yelling Yay Tripp, go Fall, etc, etc. And some tag line at the end that says something like "You can say it, but don't do it."

/shrug

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

DaBurger

What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs in a swimming pool?

Bob

I call him Screwed

Know thyself.

Kalsarikännit

Nubstitute. I laughed.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart