it's the eponomy (Read 632 times)

Why is it sideways?

eponYmy, people!

JEEEZ!

Nubstitute. I laughed.

+1--especially the part about me going to hell.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

FSBD

Of the people who have commented so far, it is 3 funny to 1 not funny.

If only there was some sort of polling feature on RA, we could settle this once and for all.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

kk_kittenkat

If only there was some sort of polling feature on RA, we could settle this once and for all.

I'm voting that's not a bulldog. Cute though.

Runner100

Do you know why blind people are not permitted to skydive? Freaks out the seeing eye dog.

RunNow

A dude with no arms and one leg is hitchhiking.

An Englishman pulls over and says "well, you look 'armless! " 'op on in!"

Hoban-Jay

What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs in a swimming pool?

Bob

What do you call a girl with one leg?

Eileen.

^^^^What do you call the same chick in Japan? IRENE

I contacted a no arm no leg lawyer who is setting up a cease and desist letter for this thread.  But it's going to take a while as he's typing it with his face.

eponYmy, people!

JEEEZ!

Oh, I assumed this was the TdF thread.  Was struggling to see where the cycling link was...

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

Maybe as a non American I don't know what 'nub' means, I'm assuming a derogatory term for stump? I have no idea but very not cool to admit as an adult (are you an adult?) that you endorse laughing at someone or labelling them in a really negative way because of a physical impairment?

Fucking hilarious. Not.

And trust me, I'm not touchy feeley or politically correct for the sake of it; but there are certain limits no?

Nub is not a derogatory word for stump. It just roughly means the same thing. It's just a play on words. I suspect that had the teacher heard that, she might have have found it hilarious herself. A great many people with physical impediments are quite willing and capable at laughing at themselves and the peculiarities of life that may have caused their physical difference. And I submit, that those that aren't, are likely people not worth knowing. I'm not condoning being mean spirited but rather suggest that one shouldn't take life so seriously that you can't laugh at mother natures little tricks. This is coming from someone who lived my whole life till he died in my late 20s, with a dad who had no use of his legs.

Kittenkat, you aren't going to win any friends by being so aggressive. I know Brits are known for being a tad stiff, but try to lighten up.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

C-R

I contacted a no arm no leg lawyer who is setting up a cease and desist letter for this thread.  But it's going to take a while as he's typing it with his face.

Since I have time before the court order.....

What do you call a guy with no arms and legs against a wall?

Art

Oh and how can you tell the dude is hitch hiking without thumbs? Odd.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

A great many people with physical impediments are quite willing and capable at laughing at themselves and the peculiarities of life that may have caused their physical difference. And I submit, that those that aren't, are likely people not worth knowing.

I don't know that what you say is true.

I understand what you say and why you say it, but I believe that some people who may not laugh at themselves for their physical abnormality and yet are still worth knowing.  (I bet you know that, and I think you wrote it wrong).

I'm a parent of children with physical abnormalities.

I have a lot of family and friends that have been born with challenges.

I have other family and friends who have received challenges as adults (car accident quadriplegic's, etc.).

I don't know that they outwardly laugh at themselves.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

kk_kittenkat

Nub is not a derogatory word for stump. It just roughly means the same thing. It's just a play on words. I suspect that had the teacher heard that, she might have have found it hilarious herself. A great many people with physical impediments are quite willing and capable at laughing at themselves and the peculiarities of life that may have caused their physical difference. And I submit, that those that aren't, are likely people not worth knowing. I'm not condoning being mean spirited but rather suggest that one shouldn't take life so seriously that you can't laugh at mother natures little tricks. This is coming from someone who lived my whole life till he died in my late 20s, with a dad who had no use of his legs.

Kittenkat, you aren't going to win any friends by being so aggressive. I know Brits are known for being a tad stiff, but try to lighten up.

Please call me kk

I think you've validated my point in your first sentence, you say it's a derogatory word.

If some people who are disabled find some humour in that in dark times with close friends and family, then I think that's fine, healthy even. I don't think it's ok for strangers to insult them in the supposed name of humour, I just don't. Also we don't call stand in teachers over here substitutes and I've never heard the term nub before. I was never going to get it.

I don't look for friends on the Internet, I just speak as I find and enjoy conversation. If people like me they do, if they don't they don't.

kk_kittenkat

Oh and I apologise if I came across as aggressive, that wasn't the intention. I think there's a difference in culture over here with swear words too. You must have seen films like The Full Monty and Trainspotting?