Garmie Question (Read 1029 times)

IBTW, in a race, be sure to turn Auto-Lap off. Since Garmie and the race's mile markers are sure to differ by some small amount, you'll get very confusing lap distances if Auto-Lap and you manually hitting Lap at the mile-markers are fighting it out.
    Does this mean I should turn off Auto-Lap (um, duh, like you said Tongue) and then just hit LAP at each mile marker? Or --- will the Garmin figure it out after I hit it at the first mile marker. (Great advice, thanks --- I used AutoLap at Baltimore HM and it drove me nuts!) This is my gameplan: 5 miles 44:35 10 miles 1:29:10 15 miles 2:13:45 20 miles 2:58:20 25 miles 3:42:55 26.219 miles 3:53:47 (I'll probably write the times for 5m, 10m, and 15m on my arm so I can refer to them) ... Thanks again MM for the great idea.
    2009: BQ?
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Does this mean I should turn off Auto-Lap (um, duh, like you said Tongue) and then just hit LAP at each mile marker?
      Exactly. With Auto-Lap off, Garmie simply awaits your command. He (she?) won't record any laps other than when you hit the button.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

BTW, in a race, be sure to turn Auto-Lap off. Since Garmie and the race's mile markers are sure to differ by some small amount, you'll get very confusing lap distances if Auto-Lap and you manually hitting Lap at the mile-markers are fighting it out.
        I dunno - I would find myself going "what??!? mile X already? D'oh - missed another split" . I like to keep a general idea of my progress, knowing I can download and analyze it later, rather than rely on paying attention. Seems like with GPS you are accurate within a distance, not a percentage as with a pedometer - so over longer runs it becomes more accurate where a pedometer becomes less. (Anal enough to have a garmin but not enough to worry about 10 paces on splits Sleepy ) YMMV