Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

Seanv2

I propose that everyone in this thread close their streak with a streak at 11:55 pm 12/31 to 12:05 am 1/1.

I'm going to be in Vermont, they're be no streaking during my streak.

I am thinking about closing this out with 13 miles on 1/1/2013.  Anyone up for that?

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I am thinking about closing this out with 13 miles on 1/1/2013.  Anyone up for that?

I'll be visiting relatives.  Not at all sure how running's going to work out during the trip.

xhristopher

I guess it's too cold in Vermont for such streaking huh?

I'm hoping to run a race on 1/1/13. That's probably a good way to close it out.

The streak ALMOST ended tonight.

Wasn't feeling well today and had to stay home with two sick kids. Well it was a LONG day so I tuned into Thursday Night Football and decided to relax and had a few drinks.

For whatever reason in a drunken state I panicked, realized it was 11:35 at night, sprinted downstairs, grabbed my Garmin and ran out the door in the freezing cold in my pajamas. Definitely drunk. 

Got the mile in though. The streak lives on. This is the last time I procrastinate this long, haha.

Running my way to being a little less fat.

A Saucy Wench

Wasn't feeling well today and had to stay home with two sick kids. Well it was a LONG day so I tuned into Thursday Night Football and decided to relax and had a few drinks.

For whatever reason in a drunken state I panicked, realized it was 11:35 at night, sprinted downstairs, grabbed my Garmin and ran out the door in the freezing cold in my pajamas. Definitely drunk. 

Got the mile in though. The streak lives on. This is the last time I procrastinate this long, haha.

nice

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

sdfgewiuohsdf

Spam
              FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Now that is dedication! Mad props to you! Smile

I have a cold and contemplated not running at all yesterday, but I went out at 9:00 last night and ran my mile. Day 23 done. Thanks to Nyquil there was no way I was getting up this morning, so I'll run a mile or three tonight.

My plan is while I'm sick to stick to the treadmill for a couple days. No way I can breathe in this cold air like last night. The alcohol got me through that one, haha.

I figured with my luck I'd be sick at least once during this streak. Any with two kids in daycare it's pretty much guaranteed that sickness will go through this household,.

Running my way to being a little less fat.

Maggie & Molly

So, I am probably being a sick, whiny baby but I have a comment.  On the updates on the chart for who is still streaking and who isn't is says

"stopped due to injury" for one person yet the rest of us it just says stopped.  I would be ok with 'stopped' if I just quit but I didn't.  I know you are thinking 'grow some' but this was a serious attempt at streaking for me.....Black eye .  ok, rant over.....back to normal.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

xhristopher

My plan is while I'm sick to stick to the treadmill for a couple days. No way I can breathe in this cold air like last night. The alcohol got me through that one, haha.

I figured with my luck I'd be sick at least once during this streak. Any with two kids in daycare it's pretty much guaranteed that sickness will go through this household,.

Even while boozed up you are setting a good example to those who might consider throwing in the towel with anything more than 10 minutes left in the day.

I have slight asthma and when I started out I found running in the cold used to be horrible. I would come in wheezing and could hardly breathe if I pushed the pace. Eventually, it got better so, unless you have good reason to fear an asthma attack, don't throw in the towel on running outside. Slow down if need be. It might take a while.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Apparently the body can adapt to the cold air.  I don't have asthma, but I remember when I first started running in cold weather, I felt like my lungs were freezing up, and I had to deal with a lot of mucus and hacking.  Now, no such problem.

Mmmmm...beer

Day 24 done, 189.6 miles so far. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hit 30 days rot day.  

Am I done?  

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

jfa

3 , 70 mile weeks since turkey day. Going to get to 2000 for the 5th comsecutive year, or bust.

3 , 70 mile weeks since turkey day. Going to get to 2000 for the 5th comsecutive year, or bust.

Good Luck Joe.  

I hit 2000 tomorrow (for the first time EVER)!

5 years in a row is quite something.  Very consistent

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals