Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Good job, everyone!  I'm impressed that several of you are keeping up the streak in spite of illness!

Well my streak is officially over. I've been sick going on like 5 days now. Streak ended on Friday. Made it 22 days. 

I got dressed in my running shorts, told myself I'd lay down for a few minutes before heading out and didn't wake up til 1am. Was definitely pissed off when I woke up after midnight. Saturday was even worse with a fever so I probably would have ended it anyways. 

Oh well, I'm a wimp. Only could last 22 days.

Running my way to being a little less fat.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Well my streak is officially over. I've been sick going on like 5 days now. Streak ended on Friday. Made it 22 days. 

I got dressed in my running shorts, told myself I'd lay down for a few minutes before heading out and didn't wake up til 1am. Was definitely pissed off when I woke up after midnight. Saturday was even worse with a fever so I probably would have ended it anyways. 

Oh well, I'm a wimp. Only could last 22 days.

That's the danger of late evening running.  Oh well, 22 days is not bad at all, and there's a new streak waiting out there for you. Smile

A Saucy Wench

Good job, everyone!  I'm impressed that several of you are keeping up the streak in spite of illness!

Not sure it is wise.  Although as slow as some of the 1 mile treadmill slogs have been I doubt it matters much

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Thats rad

Stopped due to injury. Made it 19 days before my calf cramped up so bad while surfing that I couldn't even walk, let alone run. It's a bummer, but  I'm going to try and streak until my birthday in February.

Queen of 3rd Place

Should I take today's stupid award? Had a morning colonoscopy which included the removal of some bits, and was told by the doc no running (she said I might collapse), but I felt fine by mid-afternoon and took a very slow jog/walk around the block. 

Ex runner

A Saucy Wench

well, you are still alive.  Stupid is as stupid does.

MTA--crud I still havent gotten my run in today.  Stupid Xmas stuff.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Running is stupid.  Streaking is stupider.

Seanv2

Running is stupid.  Streaking is stupider.

+1

Hit 31 days last night. I wish this streak had better mileage, I've had way too many one mile days. But it is what it is, at least my fitness has improved. 

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

So after 27 days, I ended my streak last night. I stayed up late Sunday night finishing up an online class and slept in a little bit yesterday, so I didn't get it out of the way in the morning. Last night I put my kid to bed, did a couple of things around the house, and then looked at the clock - 9:15. And I just didn't feel like running. It was starting to feel like a chore, so I decided then and there that it was time to stop before I resent running. This morning I woke up with a twinge of guilt over being lazy last night, but I had the best run I have had in weeks. Whether that is due to not being worried about classes and looking forward to my upcoming break over the holidays or ending the streak, I can't say for certain. Whatever it is...I'll take it.

Best of luck to the rest of you!

Slo

For all those that are "Ending" your streak why not reload your goal to see how many days total you can log between the start and end dates?

Queen of 3rd Place

For all those that are "Ending" your streak why not reload your goal to see how many days total you can log between the start and end dates?

Damn you!

Ex runner

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Slo

32 days and feeling fine, averaging 7.6km.  I've only had to invoke the 1-mile rule once, running home drunk from a Christmas party, and almost resulting in an existential crisis.  

We supposedly have a tropical cyclone heading our way over the weekend, so that could make things interesting. 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac