Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

jackdyl11

Ojo - Thanks for sharing the run.  It sounds like a marathon might be appropriate there - 26 miles?

I haven't posted on this thread but I've been keeping up with you guys.  51 days in a row since I turned 30.  I'm trying to make it through the year.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congratulations you guys, for hanging in there in the face of difficult odds - even those you have had to give it up!  Ojo, wish I could have done the CT run with you all.  Others, get well, and have a peaceful Christmas and a great New Year.

Yay for everyone.  Even those have had to drop out for whatever reasons great accomplishment.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays...be safe and remember to run 1 mile on Christmas.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

PADRunner

Yay for everyone.  Even those have had to drop out for whatever reasons great accomplishment.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays...be safe and remember to run 1 mile on Christmas.

Today is going to be a tough one.

Forecast: "It's the winter storm that promises a little bit of everything: thunderstorms, rain, snow, wind, and  bitterly cold temperatures."

Currently 48 and lite rain, probably the high of the day, and the gym is closed. Maybe I can find a Mall to run in. Smile

Well I'm out. Today was Christmas (in Japan) and DH ended up being called into work from 6:30 in the morning until 8 pm. Plus my kiddo decided to try and climb out of her crib for the first time today and ended up hitting her head and has a huge bruise/goose egg. Didn't feel right leaving her or dragging her out for a run with me.

Kind of disappointed in myself, but I hit even my outside yearly mileage goal and this is by far my longest streak ever, so i'm pretty happy. Good luck to everyone still going, and Merry Christmas!

A Saucy Wench

Currently 48 and lite rain, probably the high of the day, and the gym is closed. Maybe I can find a Mall to run in. Smile

THat's outdoor running weather if I ever saw it!

iloverunwads - hope your kiddo is ok!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xhristopher

Wanna trade?

Hoodoo Guru

Merry Christmas streakers!  Got a nice quite 4 miles down a country road this morning.  Only thing missing was a little snow on the ground.

I hope everyone has a great day with friends and family.

The tangents are moot.

Forecast: "It's the winter storm that promises a little bit of everything: thunderstorms, rain, snow, wind, and  bitterly cold temperatures."

a little cooler here but rainy.. managed to get 2 slow miles in.  what a struggle, alcohol and late nites do not do well for morning run,,

You can do it...

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

PADRunner

Wanna trade?

No thanks! I got out in the rain and got my mile. First 1/2 was a light rain lots of lightning then got heavier through the second 1/2.

Running in cold/rainy/rough weather is the BEST kind of run!  Well, it is tough at the time, but is a perspective changer and makes everything else seem EASIER in comparison. :-)  I've done 10-mile runs around the perimeter fence trail at Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan when a full-out sandstorm started up at the half-way point, and I've been running when RPG's were fired at the base and we all had to hit the shelters till the all clear was sounded.  Trust me, there is nothing stateside that I can find truly hard, certainly not weather.  (Maybe if I tried to do a 10 miler in the inner city streets of unruly areas of Chicago after dark, that might be a challenge....But I'll Pass!)

PS.  Also,  I see what ya did there :-)  A mall to run in, eh?  If you are going to run in a mall on Christmas day, bring a tool to break in the door with.  And surely you can outrun those cops there... :-P

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

A Saucy Wench

oh my, tomorrow is gonna be tough.  We are heading to the slopes and in order to get the kids in ski school we have to LEAVE the house by 5:45 am.  Including getting 2 kids up and dressed and fed and ski outfitted.   Or there is the post ski run option.  Which sounds equally difficult.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

doctorjen

Really cold run today!  20F, overcast and windy.  Did the first mile and a half with my 9 year old on her brand new bicycle, then 6 1/2 solo.  Poor thing finally gets a new bike on the coldest day so far here in the KC area.  She toughed it out long enough to learn how to use the hand brakes and gear shift.  My cheeks, lips, and nose were frozen by the time I got home, but it was nice to get out and move anyway, and also keep the streak alive.

Merry Christmas to all who are celebrating!

PADRunner

Glad I did it this morning, rain 48 degrees.

10 hours later Snow & 28 degrees.

Yea I'm a wimp in weather.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Merry Christmas All!  Five degrees F, ten miles.  Wore my Santa hat.  It was awesome. Smile