Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

Seanv2

Barely finding the time to run these days, never mind check this thread.. but I hope everyone is still out there and getting in a couple of miles. Its the home stretch!

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

I had my 2 year anniversary a few days ago.  743 days and counting.  I'm averaging 4.5 miles per day.  A lot less over the holiday, but my minimum is 10 minutes and no slower than 10 minute pace (in case I'm really sick).

I was wondering if there was any way to see who has the longest streak on RA.

Feeling the growl again

Okay, but if you can do 40 miles on a treadmill that trumps running 1+ mile per day even if your streak goes for 50 years!

To be fair, it was 33 miles...I would be a national contender if I did 40 miles in 4 hours as a workout!

Thanks all, the bronchitis is clearing and after losing 3 days (and massive mileage reduction for 2 more) I'm back on the wagon.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I had my 2 year anniversary a few days ago.  743 days and counting.  I'm averaging 4.5 miles per day.  A lot less over the holiday, but my minimum is 10 minutes and no slower than 10 minute pace (in case I'm really sick).

I don't think so, but you may well be in the top 10. I don't think you're #1, but that's quite impressive.

You ran 33 miles on a treadmill?  That's amazing!  I haven't even run that far yet on the road.  The most I've ever done on a treadmill is 12.

To be fair, it was 33 miles...I would be a national contender if I did 40 miles in 4 hours as a workout!

Thanks all, the bronchitis is clearing and after losing 3 days (and massive mileage reduction for 2 more) I'm back on the wagon.

Feeling the growl again

You ran 33 miles on a treadmill?  That's amazing!  I haven't even run that far yet on the road.  The most I've ever done on a treadmill is 12.

Yup, stepped off briefly (1-2min) every hour to choke down a PB&J sandwich and half a bottle of water.  When you are in the mindset to do 4 hours, the first 2.5 go easily (at least, with a DVR and TV in front of you).

Previous treadmill max was 23; I've been having problems getting my lower back to hold out (it was the reason I DNF'd my 50-miler this fall). So I've pledged one 4hr+ run each month as a way to make sure I make it through the next one.

Perhaps it nuked my immune system though....the last hour was pretty hard.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Glad you're feeling better, spaniel. I am still wowed by the TM 33 miler.

Congrats to everyone still streaking on.  One of the best runs of my streak today--10 miles with Dad.  Great escape from the Christmas crazy (dozens of family members had come over...way too many kids under 6 :-P).

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                Emil Zatopek

Seanv2

I would bet that JeffDonahue has the longest streak on RA.  He is at the top of the leader board in the A Mile A Day user group.  Is there anyone out there with a longer one?

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Feeling the growl again

I would bet that JeffDonahue has the longest streak on RA.  He is at the top of the leader board in the A Mile A Day user group.  Is there anyone out there with a longer one?

Holy crap...  Shocked

A Saucy Wench

ugh, Ambien loaded, short on sleep preski mile done.  I think.   I may have dreamed it.  But somehow or other my Garmin logged a mile.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Seanv2

Holy crap...  Shocked

Yeah, right? Dude is consistent!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Found the Beer Table!

A virus knocked me out of the streak last week.  Still, my 23 days is by far my longest streak ever and helped get me back on track.

Thanks, Sean for putting this together.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Holy crap...  Shocked

Yeah, he's going to hit 10000 miles any day now!

Thanks everyone for this thread and the motivation.

I finished my streak yesterday.  40 days!  That was 15 miles more than any previous streak and managed 30 days in a row of 4+ miles.

I started my streak a little early so felt I deserved to finish before the new year.

Best of luck to everyone else on the streak and into 2013!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Queen of 3rd Place

ugh, Ambien loaded, short on sleep preski mile done.  I think.   I may have dreamed it.  But somehow or other my Garmin logged a mile.

Impressive! Didn't think you were going to make it!

Ex runner