Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

xor

ESL brain coupled with not reading yesterday's posts made me stumble on the word "preski" (which my brain pronounced as PRESS-key)... I spent way too long wondering if that was some kind of ambien side effect.

True story.

HA.

I just joined the streak group:

www.runningahead.com/groups/mileaday/streak

Looks like I am low man on the totem pole over there.  Well, just give me time  I'll move up. :-)  And some big numbers there, 9993 miles completed in a streak for the top person, that is impressive.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

I would bet that JeffDonahue has the longest streak on RA.  He is at the top of the leader board in the A Mile A Day user group.  Is there anyone out there with a longer one?

Wow!  It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do.  :-p

Thanks for sharing.  I've been wondering.  Let me know if you find anyone that has a longer one.

xhristopher

I just joined the streak group:

www.runningahead.com/groups/mileaday/streak

Looks like I am low man on the totem pole over there.  Well, just give me time  I'll move up. :-)  And some big numbers there, 9993 miles completed in a streak for the top person, that is impressive.

Wow! Looks like Jeff is going to hit 10,000 miles and 5 years almost on the same day.

I wonder if Jeff has noticed we keep talking about him?

I am well out.  My streak ended in spectacular fashion, with a full week of laziness.  Well, not complete laziness; there was quite a bit of swimming and snorkelling involved... but a lot of beer on the beach as well so it all cancels out!

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

A Saucy Wench

ESL brain coupled with not reading yesterday's posts made me stumble on the word "preski" (which my brain pronounced as PRESS-key)... I spent way too long wondering if that was some kind of ambien side effect.

True story.

HA.

And I read your post and went "well how the hell else would you pronounce preski.  Wonder what he is talking about.  What's a preski?  And I didnt know SRL took Ambien too."  Oh.  Well in my defense it was really early when I wrote it and now I am postski postbeer postwarmeshower and presleep

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

doctorjen

And I read your post and went "well how the hell else would you pronounce preski.  Wonder what he is talking about.  What's a preski?  And I didnt know SRL took Ambien too."  Oh.  Well in my defense it was really early when I wrote it and now I am postski postbeer postwarmeshower and presleep

A.  you're pretty amazing, what with preski, postambien (possibly dream) running.

B.  I totally agreed with srl that presskey sounded right, and had to search for and then re-read your OP several times before I figured out what it meant!

Today may have been the hardest day of the streak for me so far.  I'm so off schedule having a house full, and my tummy is finally rebelling all manner of overeating in the last few days.  I felt very queasy and crampy but toughed out 5 treadmill miles.  I've so enjoyed having all my birdies back in the nest, but son and daughter-in-law will head home tomorrow, taking the 2 dogs with them, younger son will move back into his bedroom and the basement with the treadmill will be free again for morning running.

jeffdonahue

Wow! Looks like Jeff is going to hit 10,000 miles and 5 years almost on the same day.

I wonder if Jeff has noticed we keep talking about him?

Actually I hadn't but Sean pointed it out to me.  Thanks guys - at the very least I have been consistent.  I plan on hitting the 10,000 miles and 5 years on the same day.  I was hoping it would be some epic type of run, but we are heading up to ski country as soon as the roads look better and I'll proablby be on a treadmill because VT is getting another foot of snow today.

I've run through a lot - maybe even a few times I should have just let it go.  But I'm not super fast, not winning any races, and I like the consistency it gives me so if I cant win, I can at least keep going.  It helps to have a super supportive wife (last night at 11:30 she yelled down to me to ask if I had run because she wasnt home when I went out).

If anyone else is interested in continuing the streak, we do have a great group of very supportive people over at the A Mile A Day Group.

Thanks for the support

Jeff

If anyone else is interested in continuing the streak, we do have a great group of very supportive people over at the A Mile A Day Group.

Jeff

Just mentioning again that all can join, even folks with wimpy little 19-day streaks like I have, join up!  :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Just joined so I can be wimpy as well compared to the rest of you.  Hope I can live up to the expectations.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Ojo

There are good days running and there are bad days . . . today was one of the bad.  My legs were tired, tired, tired and it was freezing out!  I think I could have started crying but I was afraid my tears were going to freeze.  The wind is not my friend.

Sara

MM #2929

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My streak continues, but my run this morning was really random, in an unfamiliar city, looking for a trail that I knew was nearby, but never finding it. I plan to do better tomorrow.

Running Rev'd

I'm calling it quits. I'm helping lead a retreat with college and high school students, and the late nights, early mornings, and jampacked days are doing me in, not to mention the cold, rainy weather. I got a nice run in yesterday morning with some snow on the ground! Made it 42 days. I thought that Winterfest might kill the streak and so it has. Just a few more days for the rest of y'all!

Called to Endure - Blog

"Everyone gets the sunset. Only the dedicated earn the sunrise."

Tough one this morning.  Woke up feeling like crap and have to work to cover for someone who is sick.  Did 2.5 very slow miles at the gym, legs felt okay, but head said to take it easy or you will be sicker.   So close don't want to give up, but it was a challenge today.

Kmays - so sorry, but you still had a great streak.  Sometimes life just gets in the way.Smile

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

A Saucy Wench

Today is a day the streak is a good thing.  I was feeling a bit queasy when i woke up but I ran anyway.  I dont think there is anything really wrong with me, but i got the run over with just in case I have the stomach thing that is going around because it could be worse later.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7