Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

Despite spending the last 13 days in Ecuador, I managed to continue the streak--as long as I run today when I get home from the airport.

Since you'll be stuck on a plane anyway, just do a few "Aisle 40's" and back for ten minutes to get at least a mile in.

That wouldn't scare the passengers....Much.....  (Not the dedicated runners anyway) :-)

That'd also qualify you for the "Mile High, Mile Long" club as well.  ( Bada-Boom {{Ching!}} )

---Okay, my jokes runneth thin, I will cease and desist now :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Intentionally Blank

Ha!  I'm going nuts just sitting here.  We boarded an hour ago, and have been waiting.  I could have jogged a couple of miles in the terminal.

A Saucy Wench

Ha!  I'm going nuts just sitting here.  We boarded an hour ago, and have been waiting.  I could have jogged a couple of miles in the terminal.

I have considered this.  Then I think about being sweaty and stinky on the flight.  Then I think of smalcom catching a flight from South Africa to the states immediately post marathon.  But I still havent done it.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

Complete!  good night Smile

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Slo

Current streak is 92 days.

3 miles this morning for the completion of the Holiday Streak.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Will run later today for sure to complete the holiday portion...heck, I may even run again tomorrow and Thursday and just take off Friday to get back to "pre-streak" schedule.

Ojo

Done!

Congratulations to you all!

Sara

MM #2929

--- Great job to all who did the holiday streak!  :-)

--- Soooo, is it a good time for me to ask after this streak if anyone plans to try and keep it gong all the way through 2013??!  (I arrived at this thread too late for the complete holiday streak, but for 2013?  Me personally, I will try. :-)

Again, great job to all those who knocked a streak through the wintertime and all those holidays!

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Seanv2

Congratulations to everyone who completed the streak! I'll be updating the list on the first page tomorrow, can I get a roll call of how everyone did?

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Completed this morning! My streak is at 59 days and 408 miles. I think it's my longest one ever.

A Saucy Wench

KLD in answer to your question I am going to keep it going as long as it is a good idea to.  How long that is, I dont know.  I am at 83 days but only 233.9 miles

MTA - I am going to have a really hard time not running (again) today.  Since I did my 1/1/13 run before I went to sleep it feels like it was yesterday.  But I need to watch my ramp up carefully

PADRunner

Well I finished the streak the same way I started with a 5K.

I never got on the list here. I came over from RA and I started there.

41 days (65.6 mi)

11/22/2012 - Today
                          1 mo 11 d
                          1.6 mi / day

41 days done. The last few days have been a struggle and slow runs  Fighting cold but did not want to give up. Going to try to keep it going. Miles were 145.9 was hoping for more but will take it.

Congrat to all!

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

doctorjen

Completed the holiday portion of the streak today with an easy treadmill run.  Total for me (since I didn't run Thanksgiving day, but started the day after) is 40 days for 278.4 miles.  I feel like I should run 1.6 more to make it an even 7 miles a day, but I probably won't.  I'm on call tomorrow night, and then start a week of inpatient teaching rounds on Monday so I'll let the streak go whenever life gets in the way again.  I still plan to run every day that I can, I just won't make a crazy effort if I'm up all night, or otherwise need a rest day.

This has been a lot of fun and I've enjoyed reading about everyone's efforts!

xhristopher

44 days

349.5 miles (7.9 mi / day)

3 races

1 sweet PR

As soon as I feel like a break I'm gonna take a day.

Sean, Thanks for this. It really had me finish my running year on a high note.