Great Winter Run 5k - warning this race report contains cheese! (Read 482 times)

freckles

Sorry had to take this down as the kids at school found it. that'll teach me to post photos!

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

Into the wild

Ther was no cheese there freckles...what a brilliant, brilliant uplifting read. You did everything right; starting at the back, starting slowly, staying focused, enjoyed the ambiance and pushed hard to finish... fab. Thanks for sharing. Oh, and not to forget the stunning before and afters...WTG You've earned your tatties and neeps.

Shut up and run

JakeKnight

One of my great regrets about my time spent in Scotland during my military days is that I wasn't a more serious runner. I had countless miles of country roads to run on and never really did - and never got to run marathons I'd kill to do now, starting with Edinburgh. Great race report. They should all have pictures. And amazing before and after pictures. Hard to believe its the same person. Smile

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

freckles

The Loch Ness marathon is meant to be amazing, and the Edinburgh marathon is one of the best in the world to PR in apparently. It's never too late! Come on over!

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

You've earned your tatties and neeps.
            Hey, this is a family show. Let's keep it PG-13. Wink Great report Freckles, you gave that nasty ol' hill a good and proper arse-kicking. Reeling that rude man in at the finish line makes it even better. Smile Great run, great pics, great job. You really do have much to celebrate, keep up the fantastic work!

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Another Passion

Sorry I missed it. Congratulations sound like they are in order though! Wink

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com