Sports Bra Chaffing (Read 2923 times)

Hi All, I'm not new to running, however I'm upping my milage to compete in a half marathon and I have a problem with the bottom band of my sports bra chaffing. I'm not sure what to try but the more I run, the worse it gets and I'd hate to have that be the thing that stops me from the half this fall. I did a search on Bra here and wasn't sure why in all the forums there's no mention, I can't be the only one out there! Sam
    meaghansketch

Hi, I know a lot of people use Body Glide to prevent chafing, but I just use deodorant on the areas that tend to get chafed before running.

Queen of 3rd Place

A vote for body glide here. I need it for any run over 8 mi, even with my bestestest bra. No more bloody spots for me! Arla

Ex runner

Where do you purchase "body glide"?

Maggie & Molly

I get mine at my local running store but I bet you could get it at any sports store (Dick's, Sports Authority, etc). Good luck,

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
            Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

~Sara
              It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

A Saucy Wench

another bodyglide fan for bra chafe

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Another thought...how old is your bra? I know that my particular favorite rarely chafes much until it gets old and the elastic starts to get kinda scratchy. Then I HAVE to use Body Glide, especially in the front of the bottom band.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Zoom-Zoom Could I get the password for the Ladies Locker Room? michelledarba@hotmail.com Sorry to hi-jack the thread. Wink

Michelle

The bra probably is getting old, I used bacitracin (sp?) this morning which was an improvement but made the bra slide around. I was thinking of getting some colored bras to replace my old white and grey ones and wearing them without a tank over them. I live in a pretty populated area, anyone else dare to bare? What does your spouse/boyfriend think? Ever get any comments?

Ostrich runner

Go for it.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't dare to bare 'cause I got post-kid/post-c-section gut. Are your bras cotton or are they wicking/synthetic? Cotton can chafe BAD. I've had really good luck with Champion's sport bras. Their Double Dry Distance bra is fab. Doesn't come in exciting colors (black, white, pale pink), but it's very supportive and soft.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

I bared once on the coast a couple weeks ago. I wear pretty high waist shorts so the c-section belly was covered. It felt a little less uncomfortable on the beach since...you know...it is a BEACH (although no-one wears swimsuits here...they wear warm sweaters Tongue) Funny to watch the guy who was NOT seeing us run when his girlfriend was glaring.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I did a search on Bra here and wasn't sure why in all the forums there's no mention, I can't be the only one out there!
                              The search function won't do a search for a single word that is less than 4 letters long. I think it's due to the possibility of bogging down the site with searches that are too broad. So, you could search for "bras" but not "bra", or add a second word like "bra chafe". Then, the search function will work. Lorrie

I had this today, and didn't even realize it until I took a shower.  My sports bra dug a line across my lower chest, and it's completely raw.  It hurt so bad in the shower this morning. 

Here's the weird thing.  I've worn this bra many, many times before.   Does this happen when they get old? I 've never had this happen before.  I fear it is yet another bad result of gaining 12 pounds.    

- Anya