Sports Bra Chaffing (Read 2923 times)

I'm more interested in when it's appropriate to be chuffed.  Purdey made it sound cool.  It sounds like something I'd like to be, yet at the same time I'm a bit afraid of it.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

#artbydmcbride

I too get a bit chuffed whenever Purdey posts.

(you're welcome, Stevie Ray)

Runners run

uncontrollable

Some are better than others but regardless - if I use bodyglide, I'm fine.  One time - new sports bra - no body glide: I still have a faint scar!  It chaffed so bad it took a little bit to heal: bacitracin & bandaids for a week or more!  Awful.

peace

Purdey

Self anointed title

I too get a bit chuffed whenever Purdey posts.

(you're welcome, Stevie Ray)

Being "chuffed" is good. Chafing rarely leads to being "chuffed", mainly it leads to being "dis-chuffed".

poetrunner

Aquaphor works great!

Basically... run!

I read that a lot of women do the two bra thing...

Tried this the other day.  Double the support.  Twice as hard to breathe.

raechickx

Stay away from cheap bra's like Champion. I swear by Moving Comfort - you can get them on sale on runningwarehouse.com, rei.com or maybe amazon for 15-20$ and they are made much better. They make specific ones for different cup sizes too. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Stay away from cheap bra's like Champion. I swear by Moving Comfort - you can get them on sale on runningwarehouse.com, rei.com or maybe amazon for 15-20$ and they are made much better. They make specific ones for different cup sizes too. 

My boobs would beg to differ.  Champion is the brand that has served me the best (the model I wear is available in specific cup sizes up to DD)...I have tried at least 3 different styles of Moving Comfort bra and not had great luck with them...especially not for the price.  I wouldn't consider them cheap, either.  Full retail is still in the $42 range for the ones I wear...I watch for them to go on sale and generally snag them for closer to $20.  Definitely a YMMV sort of deal.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay