Finally Seeing Results (Read 1224 times)

Rundadrun27

I'm finally starting to see results from my running. This morning I stepped on the scale, and discovered that I have lost 5 lbs in the last month. Surprised Shocked I realize this is not much, but it's a start.
    CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

WohooO! That's great! Keep it up!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

redleaf

yippie! Big grin

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

MikeB-BoR

5 Pounds in a month is awesome! I'd say thats the perfect amount. Anymore then that and it's almost too fast. I was 195 in Jan and was down to about 165 in May and now I'm holding steady. It may seem slow to you now, but if you gradually lose the weight by running and eating healthy, it's more likely to stay off for the long term.

Goals :
          •Drop to 180 #s and hold steady around that weight 

The young Mama Bear!

That's plenty! Big grin Go you!
            Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
            Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.

Old, Slow, Happy

Way To GO!!!! Keep goin' man!!!! I was where you are 4 yrs ago. Now I'm down 95 lbs. Have fun watching the results of your running.
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Yep, "slow and steady" is my mantra for running and weight loss. It works great! Congratulations!

Hoping to Run Again :-(

That's TERRIFIC! It's great when your diet and the running finally click. It makes it even more of a rush. Best of luck with your training. Smile
                  ~ Fly ~
                  Only as much as I dream can I be.
                  veggies on the run
                    Way To GO!!!! Keep goin' man!!!! I was where you are 4 yrs ago. Now I'm down 95 lbs. Have fun watching the results of your running.
                    Awsome muscle tone on the legs man. I'd think you would have the strongest legs of anyone on this site.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Baby bean!

That's awesome!!!! I personally haven't stepped on the scale yet, but my clothes fit differently. It's nice to see a tangible result, isn't it? Keep it up!!!

Goals:
                      Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

sabend

Congratulations! I didn't lose weight from running for a good month when I started, but now I'm losing weight, too. Congrats again, and keep up the running!

ultramarathon/triathlete

Awesome job, keep it up. And don't get discouraged if some months you don't lose as much, any, or worse, gain some. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat, so as you're getting slimmer you might actually weigh more. This is a good thing though, because muscle also burns more calories, so just the act of having more muscle is gonna help you burn through what you're eatin' even faster. Anyway, keep it up, 5 lbs is a great, safe amount for a month! Smile

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                          Gatorade Endurance Team

monikam

Congratulations!!
                            Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon - Sep 28
                            Rundadrun27

Just thought I would update you on my weight loss quest. I weighed in this morning at 222 lbs. That's a loss of 3 poinds since the original posting date of this thread.

Old, Slow, Happy

Keep on goin', man. You're doing great!!! Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!