Truce (Read 1525 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Folks. We are nitpicking at each other. It has gotten both annoying and boring. We are name calling, accusing and being just nasty. Enough. Usually this happens during taper weeks. But we can't all be tapering. Sheesh. We are here because we have a shared interest in running. Some of us run faster than others. Some of us have run longer than others. Some of us have overcome more hurdles than others. Some of us are at our peak while others are currently rebuilding. We all of us have knowledge and experience to contribute. But most importantly, we ALL have a singular dedication to running. Let us embrace it. Let us come together. And indeed, we are still trying to sort out the recent merger of all the different internet cultures. And we have clearly learned that the internet is not the best way for folks to present themselves or to judge others. Lord knows I have misrepresented myself and had my words misconstrued. I imagine we all have. And trolls? Whatever. Many of us have posted with the goal of getting a rise out of people. One person's snark is another's troll. There is plenty of guilt to share. So folks, for the sake of your well-worn shoes. Truce. Let's all go out and run. And celebrate each others' runs. And rebuild a community together. Peace.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Beer? Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm drinking Guinness. Is that good enough?
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Oh, jeez, I'm drinking Miller Lite. Darn that husband. Why did I send him to the store? Good post, Trent! Makes sense to me.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good beer.
            I have a Leinie's...good, not great. But better than what Teresa's got. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

best of both worlds...

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

best of both worlds...
                Ohhh...I had a chocolate stout once. It was REALLY good. Cool

~ Sarah Kay

Ojo

Oh Kirsten! Now I am jealous! We just drank up the last of our Leinie stash. DH's parents need to drive the Winnebago to CT with more supplies! Big grin

Sara

MM #2929

So Trent's sage advice gets lost in what has become a hijacked beer thread. I'm guilty of this. Have moved on to Yeungling lager now. Built a quality base, so doing some "distance" drinking.

Lazy idiot

Trent, well said. I've been an offender of late as well. Some days I fall off the wagon. I'll try not to let it happen so often. That said, I'm about to crack open a Bell's Pale Ale. Have a good night, all.

Tick tock

amen, peace and good beer. I'm on my way to the store now, let's see what I bring back. (probably ales of some sort)

Sweaty

Cool Going to celebrate, the best beer, cold Here I invite and is light Wink
                          I donĀ“r suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single moment. L.L
                          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Beer? Smile
                            Any beer is good beer. Peace. Go run.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

A Saucy Wench

Black Butte Porter....on the mountain it is twice as good. mmmmm...... If everyone drank good beer we would be too mellow to fight Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7