Truce (Read 1525 times)

Lazy idiot

I think it's 4 or 5%...that's not low? Confused
    I believe Hank is saying that light beer in Australia is lower alcohol beer, not that Miller Lite is.

Tick tock

C-R

Interesting Hank. I recall on a visit to Japan that Diet Coke was called Coke Light. The marketers will keep us all guessing with the packaging. Makes for a great story about getting pis%#%&d without intention. Shocked I thought lite beers were like 3.something%. That's why I like Belgian Ales where you can get up to 9%. Better taste. More beer and less water. Hey that sounds like a good ad campaign....... Cool

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I believe Hank is saying that light beer in Australia is lower alcohol beer, not that Miller Lite is.
        Right...but Miller Lite is still relatively low. I'd consider 4-5% pretty low. All that water with minimal alcohol just makes me pee a lot.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

Right...but Miller Lite is still relatively low. I'd consider 4-5% pretty low. All that water with minimal alcohol just makes me pee a lot.
          Gotcha. I was reading your post with the wrong inflection. I agree, but it's still better than Sharp's or O'Doul's or whatever.

Tick tock

We've only just caught on to the low carb thing down here, i now love a beer called 'pure blonde' Hank
            You're an Aussie and you don't drink VB?!? Shame on you. http://www.fosters.com.au/enjoy/beer/victoria_bitter.htm
              Well said Trent. And since I'm tapering I'll assume none of that applied to me. Wink Cheers! Big grin
              Lisa3.1

Folks. We are nitpicking at each other. It has gotten both annoying and boring. We are name calling, accusing and being just nasty. Enough. Usually this happens during taper weeks. But we can't all be tapering. Sheesh. We are here because we have a shared interest in running. Some of us run faster than others. Some of us have run longer than others. Some of us have overcome more hurdles than others. Some of us are at our peak while others are currently rebuilding. We all of us have knowledge and experience to contribute. But most importantly, we ALL have a singular dedication to running. Let us embrace it. Let us come together. And indeed, we are still trying to sort out the recent merger of all the different internet cultures. And we have clearly learned that the internet is not the best way for folks to present themselves or to judge others. Lord knows I have misrepresented myself and had my words misconstrued. I imagine we all have. And trolls? Whatever. Many of us have posted with the goal of getting a rise out of people. One person's snark is another's troll. There is plenty of guilt to share. So folks, for the sake of your well-worn shoes. Truce. Let's all go out and run. And celebrate each others' runs. And rebuild a community together. Peace.
                Well said.

Another Passion

Well said Trent. And since I'm tapering I'll assume none of that applied to me. Wink Cheers! Big grin
                  Chayea! You're the worst of the offenders, Sara. Geez, you need to quit being such a mean-spirited bully daggoneit! Tongue

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

You're the worst of the offenders, Sara. Geez, you need to quit being such a mean-spirited bully daggoneit! Tongue
                    Yeah, Sara - you're so mean!! <---------- that...is a perfect example of a lie. :d sara is a sweetheart. :) mta: *gives rick an evil stare* :p :d that...is="" a="" perfect="" example="" of="" a="" lie.="" :d="" sara="" is="" a="" sweetheart.="" :)="" mta:="" *gives="" rick="" an="" evil="" stare*="" :p=""></---------- that...is a perfect example of a lie. :d sara is a sweetheart. :) mta: *gives rick an evil stare* :p :d>

Michelle

Chayea! You're the worst of the offenders, Sara. Geez, you need to quit being such a mean-spirited bully daggoneit! Tongue
                      Grrrr. I'll withdraw my fangs in the spirit of this truce, but I'm not going to like it.

Another Passion

Grrrr. I'll withdraw my fangs in the spirit of this truce, but I'm not going to like it.
                        I'll put away my garlic then. Big grin

Rick

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'll put away my garlic then. Big grin
                          Hey, can I have that? I have some bread and some butter...garlic bread sounds good--with beer, even! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Hey, can I have that? I have some bread and some butter...garlic bread sounds good--with beer, even! Big grin
                            Only if the beer is Leinies. Tongue Wink

Rick

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Only if the beer is Leinies. Tongue Wink
                              Even better...Bell's! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Even better...Bell's! Big grin
                                I've not tried it. Blush

Rick