Garmin to RA via Tapirik (Read 103 times)

tomatolover

I'm still trying to figure out a simpler way to move my garmin to RA and found website called https://tapiriik.com  that is designed to move your garmin files to another location (Dropbox, RunKeepr, Sporttrax) and I now have ALL my garmin files stored in dropbox.  I thought there would be an easy way to upload all of them at one time to RA, but i'm only able to load 1 at a time---is there a way to batch upload to RA using this workaround?

thanks!

eric :)

Hi sixelagogo,

You can zip all the files up and then upload the zip file.  Just make sure you select the correct file format.

eric Smile

I usually just go through Garmin connect which syncs my runs automatically.  Then I just use their "export to tcx" function and then upload that here.

A little extra work but does the job

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

tomatolover

I usually just go through Garmin connect which syncs my runs automatically.  Then I just use their "export to tcx" function and then upload that here.

A little extra work but does the job

I haven't moved files from Garmin since January (after Santa brought me a new watch  at Christmas). I had the 310xt which uploaded only via my computer and had no problems with RA fluidity. since the upgrade to the Giant Computer on my Wrist (920) I've only stored files on Garmin and so have a lot of past files.... garmin does not make a single "zip all files from this date to this date" (that I know off, though for the life of me, do not know why)so I got outside help from tapirik to do the work for me

xhristopher

I wonder...

If RA participated in tapiriik could garmin sync direct to my RA account via taprick?

Perhaps adding a middleman could cut out the onerous burden of making a deal with Garmin. Looking at the open source ethos espoused by the site's owner, it could be a mutually beneficial and positive relationship that drives users to both platforms.

They ask $2 a year for constant sync. I'd happily pay $12 a year for a premium subscription that included a tapiriik subscription that synced my runs automatically from runkeeper, strava, garmin, sportracks, trainingpeaks, and so on....

tomatolover

I wonder...

If RA participated in tapiriik could garmin sync direct to my RA account via taprick?

Perhaps adding a middleman could cut out the onerous burden of making a deal with Garmin. Looking at the open source ethos espoused by the site's owner, it could be a mutually beneficial and positive relationship that drives users to both platforms.

They ask $2 a year for constant sync. I'd happily pay $12 a year for a premium subscription that included a tapiriik subscription that synced my runs automatically from runkeeper, strava, garmin, sportracks, trainingpeaks, and so on....

was thinking this myself...

I was able to sorta sync (with lots of imperfections due to me being hasty/lazy) my Garmin with RA after i zipped the files...I missed A LOT but at least i have some kinda log on RA now.

xhristopher

was thinking this myself...

I was able to sorta sync (with lots of imperfections due to me being hasty/lazy) my Garmin with RA after i zipped the files...I missed A LOT but at least i have some kinda log on RA now.

I wonder if Garmin could be synced with dropbox and a script written to import those files from dropbox.

I also wonder if tapiriik also syncs with Garmin via a method that isn't part of the partnership. It seems they get the data by adding a contact to your account.