2024 Advanced Training and Racing Thread (still competitive jerks) (Read 276 times)

JoshWolf

Part of TLC

What do you mean by "it"? I'm not into alcohol or bar room brawls. Mark probably neither. Even mikkey is said to be a likeable guy in real life, unlikely as it may seem knowing only his internet persona.

Don't hurry - next AG will start 2026

flavio80

What do you mean by "it"? I'm not into alcohol or bar room brawls. Mark probably neither. Even mikkey is said to be a likeable guy in real life, unlikely as it may seem knowing only his internet persona.

hahahaha, that interpretation is also funny, that you got into a brawl 😂

But I meant this:

walks into a bar

PRs: 800m 2:31.7 Aug 2019 | 1500m 4:54.1 Sep 2019 | 5K 17:53 Mar 2023

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Flavio - Of course I saved it!  The vegan at the funeral was a guy called squirrel from NYC. 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

JoshWolf

Part of TLC

hahahaha, that interpretation is also funny, that you got into a brawl 😂

But I meant this:

walks into a bar

Oh, I see. Not the kind of bar I was thinking of. Anyway, I may be way older than you are but my eyes are almost as good as forty years ago - no need to worry.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I’ve started wearing a mask again and keeping other humans 6 feet away from me.

The last thing I want is long bird flu.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

And now the thread has truly hit rock bottom.

If nobody's earning Moose Mugs any more, well...that's life.

But I'm not sure I want to be part of a thread where bar room brawls are a non-possibility.

Lame.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

DavePNW

But I'm not sure I want to be part of a thread where bar room brawls are a non-possibility.

Lame.

Normally I would say it would be a lame barroom brawl anyway, with a bunch of scrawny runner arms flailing about. But there's been an inordinate amount of weight training talk in this thread, so who can say.

Dave

You big Dosser

If anyone is up for a bar room brawl then I’m ready!

My name is Tyson for a reason!

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

If anyone is up for a bar room brawl then I’m ready!

My name is Tyson for a reason!

Calm down….I didn’t teach you to start looking for a fight!

Good boy. ❤️

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

If nobody's earning Moose Mugs any more, well...that's life.

Lame.

The thread hit rock bottom a couple of years ago when some bright spark decided that it was a good idea to make it a non marathon thread with no time goals.

You’ve still got your Waltons thread so quit whining and only post there if you are offended by anything I post or people who have a sense of humour. There’s a reason why great posters like JTReeves left and it wasn’t because of me.

JoshWolf

Part of TLC

Excellent joke 🤣!

SteveChCh

Hot Weather Complainer

Mikkey - You missed an obvious joke from darkwave then told her she has no sense of humour.  Come on man (to quote Weekend at Bernie's).

Also, now I see why you hate the thread so much.  Because we talk about other distances, and you are unable to convert a good marathon into good 5km, 10km or half as shown by your much much weaker PRs in those distances.  Maybe if you try a 5km you'll make it to a start line 

5km: 18:34 11/23 │ 10km: 39:10 8/23 │ HM: 1:26:48 9/23 │ M: 3:29:54 6/24

2024 Races:

Motorway Half Marathon February 25, 2024 1:29:55

Christchurch Half-Marathon April 21, 2024 1:27:34

Selwyn Marathon June 2, 2024 DNF

Wellington Marathon June 23, 2024 3:29:54

Hagley Park Run July 20, 2024

Dunedin Half Marathon September 15, 2024

Timaru Ten October 26, 2024

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Mikkey - You missed an obvious joke from darkwave then told her she has no sense of humour.  Come on man (to quote Weekend at Bernie's).

Also, now I see why you hate the thread so much.  Because we talk about other distances, and you are unable to convert a good marathon into good 5km, 10km or half as shown by your much much weaker PRs in those distances.  Maybe if you try a 5km you'll make it to a start line 

I’ve got my eye on you….if you are unable to run a 10k at less than 80% AG this year then I will show no mercy.

Marky_Mark_17

Normally I would say it would be a lame barroom brawl anyway, with a bunch of scrawny runner arms flailing about. But there's been an inordinate amount of weight training talk in this thread, so who can say.

I’m not convinced Mikkey would even make it into the bar. He strikes me as the sort of guy who would be denied entry for being too drunk, then would be arguing with the doorman running the “don’t you know who I am” line.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Runway5 / National 5k Champs, 16:22, National Masters AG Champ!

Up next: Still working on that...

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

5k PR - 81.86%

Marathon PR  - 80.93%

The calculator must be wrong!