Can I make a public commitment here? (Read 1932 times)

DoppleBock

Good luck

For me its a committment to total activity level in my life - Not just running.  When I am 100% committed and I am at a hotel for work meeting - I will eat a quick lunch of the amount I want and then briskly walk laps around the hotel (Finding stairs is a bonus) until its time to meet again.  There are many ways to find things to be active at while traveling - But it takes a lot of disipline or desire to do them.

Other things I know about trying to lose weight

Alchohol = Evil

Eat more in the morning and less at night

sex = bonus calories

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

sincerely silly

Down to 150.  Smile

Amazing because I've been eating way MORE, not less- eating out a lot (last night had a girl's night out and had margaritas and a restaurant meal), and just eating tons.  But I'll take it if my body wants to give it!

5 down, 20 more to go. 

Woo congrats! 

Anyway, it just goes to show that you don't have to obsess to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle.  Go out and have fun! (Seems to help that you're also running everyday!)

shin splints are my nemesis

heather85

Woo congrats! 

Anyway, it just goes to show that you don't have to obsess to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle.  Go out and have fun! (Seems to help that you're also running everyday!)

Heh. I'm not sure. I'm shocked I didn't gain weight since I'm not running any more and I definitely ate more and more junk.  But I'm not going to complain!  Going to try harder next week to give myself better running fuel anyhow because my legs aren't feeling peppy and I'm sure the junk food has something to say about it!

At least I haven't felt lightheaded even once!  For months that's been my problem as I've tried to lose, and then I don't lose anything. Not even a bit of that recently, felt like I was for sure gaining, and I'm down 5 lb in less than two weeks.  Guess it at least says I don't have to hurt.

If I lose another 2 lb this next week I'll be over the moon.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Believe

Well let's see....one person here plans to lose 25 lbs, another 15 and another 10.  In order to keep the equilibrium, I'll make it my goal to gain 50 pounds by the end of the year....let's call it my "Old Year's Resolution".  I know I can do it...wish me luck! 

Well I guess that is one way to look at it.Smile

heather85

Blah, no such luck.  Up to higher than my starting weight.  Number says 7 lb more than last week.

Spark claims my average Calories is 1650, but I know there are a few suspect meals (I consider any meal away from home where I can measure every ingredient suspect.) - lunch while picking apples at an apple orchard, lunch at Jersey Mikes while waiting for my broken down car to be fixed.

I can't assume yet that it is a gain, but it is discouraging because it's what I saw for a long time before going to track calories when I was just trying to avoid processed foods. 

But then, before two weeks ago I was avoiding all processed foods and the last two weeks, notsomuch focusing more on numbers.  I am probably retaining water and need to combine the two for a more accurate picture.  My goal for this week is all meals at/from home.

Meanwhile, have to fast until noon to have bloodwork done (checking on the dosage of my medications). I'm sure today will be low, haha.

xhristopher

I'm sure the 7 lbs difference is attributable to something other than gaining fat or muscle. Actually gaining seven in a week is tough to do. If DB said he did it I'd believe him but for the rest of us mortals I'd say work on minimizing the variables of when you weigh yourself and not get thrown off by any one reading. Could be just temporary water weight or your first could have been after a run. We don't know. Regardless, keep at it and good luck.
                heather85

I'm sure the 7 lbs difference is attributable to something other than gaining fat or muscle. Actually gaining seven in a week is tough to do. If DB said he did it I'd believe him but for the rest of us mortals I'd say work on minimizing the variables of when you weigh yourself and not get thrown off by any one reading. Could be just temporary water weight or your first could have been after a run. We don't know. Regardless, keep at it and good luck.

Oh I'm sure it's mostly water - I am thinking processed foods (ie, salt) could cause retaining. I vary a lot from day to day anyhow. 

I always measure first thing in the morning before consuming anything but my meds.   But thanks for the reminder Smile  Always helps to have someone remind you one reading is not the point, the process is. Smile

sincerely silly

Oh I'm sure it's mostly water - I am thinking processed foods (ie, salt) could cause retaining. I vary a lot from day to day anyhow. 

I always measure first thing in the morning before consuming anything but my meds.   But thanks for the reminder Smile  Always helps to have someone remind you one reading is not the point, the process is. Smile

And don't forget that even if the weight doesn't fall off at the rate you like, as long as you feel good and healthy, keep it up! :-)

For example, it's probably not helping me reach any weight loss goals, but I've been letting myself actually eat out more since it lets me be a little more social and since I don't have a car it probably involves some walking (or I can make it involve walking!) and it just...makes me feel more active and healthier and living life...and if I'm lucky that feeling carries over to food choices.  True, I probably would've made those choices anyway, but they don't feel as forced. (Instead of "*groan*, I guess...I'll take the steamed veggies as the side" it's "hmm, veggies seem like a good thing right now for fueling super active me!"  Or something.)

Cooking at home used to help me feel that way...but I go through periods of time when my schedule and Zipcars and whatnot disrupt my grocery shopping schedule.  And then chaos ensues as I run out of food for a week or two at a time.  ;-)

I hear ya about logging food in SparkPeople...I tried it out as best as I could for a week or two and it almost encouraged me to eat at big fast food chains (nothing too awful...I think) so I could get the nutritional data online.  I've given up!  I just use the fitness tracker now. :-)

shin splints are my nemesis