graphs different for owner vs. stalker (Read 123 times)

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Eric,

I was looking at a runner's log the other day and noticed a weird pace graph. Didn't think much of it (GPS anomaly or something) until the owner of that log noted they saw a very different view (using the same parameters). Took a look at another run today and saw similar dropouts.

Same thing occurred regardless of browser:

Win 7 - Firefox 45.x, Chrome 51.x, ie 11.x

Win 8.1 - Firefox 45.x, Chrome 51.x, ie 10.x

Any ideas?

Stalker View:

stalker view

Owner View:

owner view

Liz

pace sera, sera

eric :)

Hi Buzzie,

That is interesting.  I'll take a look.  Could you PM me the workout's url?  Thanks!

eric Smile

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Sent! Thanks for looking into this

Liz

pace sera, sera

Hi Buzzie,

The quick answer is this is not a bug.

The long answer is this workout contains multiple start and stop markers.  By default, the graph hides data collected during the stop.  When you display the data by time, the stopped periods will have a pace of 0.  When you're viewing the data as the owner, you would get the exact same graph.  The difference in your screen shots is the owner graph is displaying all data points, including those during the stops.  This is achieved by clicking the Display All Data button.  Hope this makes sense.

eric Smile

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I understand what you're saying ... Yet, I get the same graph whether I've clicked the "display all data" button or not.

As you can see in my stalker screenshot, that button is missing (which is what happens upon clicking it - the button disappears and the graph remains unchanged).

Liz

pace sera, sera

Hi Buzzie,

Which browser are you using?  It maybe a layout issue with that browser.

I was able to reproduce the problem this way:

1. View graph (x axis should be Distance)
              2. Click the Display All Data button
              3. Change x axis to Duration

I'll fix it for these steps but will need more info to reproduce what you saw.

eric Smile

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

The behavior is the same in all the browsers I've listed

Win 7 - Firefox 45.x, Chrome 51.x, ie 10.x

Win 8.1 - Firefox 45.x, Chrome 51.x, ie 11.x

I've tried your steps. Even tried them again after clearing the browser cache, exiting & restarting the browser.

Same deal - same graph. weird

Liz

pace sera, sera