2014 Indianapolis Monumental Marathon! (Read 99 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Just wanted to post as I am so excited about registering for my first/debut marathon!!! Exactly 11 months from this morning, I will be taking on my first marathon, my very first 26.2 mile race!!!! I am so freaking excited just to be registered for it, as of now I just plan on finishing in good condition - hopefully not broken and dying.  

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

Awesome! I'm likely to sign up, too - I ran the half this year - but I don't quite yet know my schedule for November, so I'm holding off a little bit.

Good luck training for your first full!

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I ran the half too, that is where I got my sub 2 hour finish so I am hoping that good luck will be with me 11 months from now Smile I always plan my years in advance, mainly because I have serious OCPD (Obsessive-Compulsive Personality disorder) issues. I only have 3 goals for 2014:

1. Get close to a sub 7 min/mile at the Hearts on Fire 5k (February)
        2. Get my ass kicked at the Indian-Celina Challenge in June (Half Marathon)
        3. Survive and enjoy my first Marathon

All other races I have planned are for fun. Smile

Awesome! I'm likely to sign up, too - I ran the half this year - but I don't quite yet know my schedule for November, so I'm holding off a little bit.

Good luck training for your first full!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

I signed up at midnight today so I plan to be there too. Looks like a fast race with near perfect weather conditions. If all goes as planned, it will be my 3rd ever and 3rd for the year too.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Last year's (wow, already saying last year) was great weather and I hope the same for this year.

I signed up at midnight today so I plan to be there too. Looks like a fast race with near perfect weather conditions. If all goes as planned, it will be my 3rd ever and 3rd for the year too.

PRs

You picked a good race for your first. I've ran Indy a couple times and each time the weather was great. Good luck!

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

I only have 3 goals for 2014:

1. PR with a sub 7 min/mile at the Hearts on Fire 5k (February)
                2. Get my ass kicked at the Indian-Celina Challenge in June (Half Marathon)
                3. Survive and enjoy my first Marathon

All other races I have planned are for fun. Smile 

That first goal is pretty ambitious! Good luck!

I have three goals, and I'll be happy if I achieve at least one of them: run a 3:30 marathon; a 1:35 half; and, turn 40. 

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I hope this year's weather is no different Smile

Yes, that first goal is ambitious. I only have 1 5k I am already registered for in February. My last 5k on Thanksgiving averaged a 7:57 min/mile pace and I was freezing cold, I feel I could have done much better had it been slightly warmer so I am hoping February 8 will be in the 30's.

I will change that goal to "close to 7 min/mile pace PR" aka 22 minutes or less. Thanksgiving saw 24:40........... maybe, just maybe I can knock off another 2 minutes and 40 seconds but I will be just as happy if I can get to 23 minutes.

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Turning 40 should be the easiest.......... well to some Smile

I would love to see a 1:35 for a half....... but I don't think my little legs could do it for me and I'll be happy just finishing the FM.

That first goal is pretty ambitious! Good luck!

I have three goals, and I'll be happy if I achieve at least one of them: run a 3:30 marathon; a 1:35 half; and, turn 40

PRs

doctorjen

Yay!  Love this race, especially because my BQ came here ;-). The course was nice, well supported, and the race was well organized.  this race in 2013 was where all the stars aligned for me, so I hope you'll have just as fantastic a day!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

thanks, I hope so too as 2013 was also really good luck for me during the HM.

Yay!  Love this race, especially because my BQ came here ;-). The course was nice, well supported, and the race was well organized.  this race in 2013 was where all the stars aligned for me, so I hope you'll have just as fantastic a day!

PRs