New Milestone REACHED (Read 909 times)

De-slacking in progress

Today I ran my first ever 10 mile run. With my new Garmin 305 it helped keep me running at a nice steady pace of 9:12mm. Also had on my new CW-X Insulator Stability Tights and felt I could have ran many miles more if i had wanted to but that was not today's goal. I actually ran 10.12 just to make sure the Garmin recorded at least 10 miles. Also the first time I've run 1.5 hours at one time (1:33) Also the first time I've run over 28 miles in one week. The temp was 23 degrees however the wind was blowing like crazy- had a head wind both ways on my out and back at times so the windchill was only 9 degrees. That and it was snowing, and the drive home was was slippery. Here's a few pics- look I have mustache ice !! (self portrait) (all from cell phone camera) As my usual reward for achieving a new milestone I ate two huge bowls of ice cream. Big grin Big grin Big grin

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Old, Slow, Happy

Nice job on the 10 miler!! You and I would make great running partners. That's about my 10 mile training time (when my knees are O.K). I really would like to run a race with you. If it makes you feel better, my training times are about what yours are and my fastest 10 mile race was 1:21:??. I'm sure you'll be there too. You're doing great!!! If I don't get going soon, you'll be way past me.

De-slacking in progress

Thanks Rich- hope you can get good PT and get your knee problem solved

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Congrats! The first 10 miler is a big accomplishment in good weather. Extra points for doing it those conditions!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Congrats! The first 10 miler is a big accomplishment in good weather. Extra points for doing it those conditions!
            Ditto! BTW, how long is your path? Is that an old rail trail? We have one here that's really nice to run on, though it's the domain of snowmobiles this time of the year, unfortunately.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Into the double digits - dude, way to go!!!!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

325th place or bust!

23 degrees? Holy ****. I don't like to go out if it's below 50. Big grin Congratulations on hitting 10 miles!

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

Congrats! When you gonna do 20?

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

De-slacking in progress

Ditto! BTW, how long is your path? Is that an old rail trail? We have one here that's really nice to run on, though it's the domain of snowmobiles this time of the year, unfortunately.
                    it a little over 11 miles long- all asphalt- pretty nice but boring view this time of year- snowmobile- what's that- don't even know anyone that owns one down here where I live Smile It's it a rail to trail even though the active railroad runs along side of it. As a matter of fact the train went by while I was running and the conductor blew his horn and waved as he went by. That was cool

De-slacking in progress

Congrats! When you gonna do 20?
                      No plans for 20 miles at this time- Officially start training for my first HM Jan 1 and the longest run on the "plan" I going to use is only 15 or 17 miles maximum. Planning on 2 HM next year one in April 2009 and the Akron HM in late Sept 2009. Plus I'm signed up for the local Subway Challenger series that sponsors about up to 40 races of 5k,10k and HM so I'll still be doing some of those as part of my Spring Summer fun.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Awesome work, great pics, looks like a LOVELY run!! Unlike my buddy pRed, you get out there and run in the snow!
                          I relish the opportunity if and when it occurs. I hope it snows again this year for the trail runs at Kentucky Lake. Come and run an ultra with me after Disney, Trent.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah baby! There is, of course, K2K2K in April...last year it snowed.
                              K2K2K is but a dream. If your willing to run that you should have already done Strolling Jim IMO.

Ricky

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yep. But family keeps getting in the way of SJ.