garmin - garmin - trio (duck - duck - goose!!) (Read 71 times)

"run" "2" "eat"

<rant>

where i work, we have humana vitality and uhc motion, each of which requires a separate device. for humana, i use a garmin vivofit which is really a great little device - i highly recommend this one. for uhc motion, we've been given a trio tracker which is basically a piece of rubbish.

can humana use the trio or uhc motion use the vivofit? hahahahaha!!!! NO.

so, that's two devices to measure steps, one of which (the trio) merrily (where "merrily" means with rage-inducing annoyance) buzzes every 90 minutes to remind me to take a "frequency walk". there are so many of us employees walking around the building every 90 minutes, one wonders who the hell is doing any work!!

but, i digress.

both of these measure steps but neither measures miles. for that, i have a little basic garmin something-or-other which does the job fine but brings the gadget count to three -- three separate devices banded to my arm. talk about your tan line woes!

i could combine the vivofit functionality with the garmin something-or-other by purchasing a more functional garmin, and cut the device count by a third, but that would cost money. i purchased the vivofit with humana points and the something-or-other was a gift, so neither actually cost me anything. plus with no replacement for the trio, i'd still have two devices, and a more functional garmin would be physically larger, so the amount of occupied arm real estate would remain egregious.

to summarize - all this ginned up pressure to measure and report is an invention of the man, designed to condition us into submission to chip implants!

oops, sorry. gotta go. my device is buzzing....

</rant>

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Prince of Fatness

NO

Proof that your device provides you with the ability to capitalize, but you mostly choose not to.

Not at it at all. 

"run" "2" "eat"

that's called whimsy, mr tateroski... whimsy, with a touch of affectation.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

I get a reminder to move at 10 minutes to every hour from my FitBit Alta.  I'm supposed to do 250 steps an hour, and my staff is amused as I walk loops around the hallway for my hourly steps.

I wear a Garmin 235 for running, and also wear the FitBit (other arm).  Then add on the RoadID for running.  Oh- and the rubber magnetic band that supposedly gives me good ions or whatever (I don't believe it, but still....what if it does?).    So- 4 arm things when I run.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

dumrunner

I wear a Fitbit Flex and two rubber bracelets to remind me of two friends fighting ailments on my right wrist. I've gotten to the point that none of those bother me, which surprises me.

I only wear my Suunto or Garmin on the left when I'm running, because otherwise they bother me. Which surprises me, because I wore a wristwatch every day until I got an iPhone.

Weird.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Hey, you guys need a couple of those blinky-light wristbands for safety. Also, if you're running in the dark, the tan-line problem is alleviated.