I hate heat and humidity (Read 263 times)

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

MilkTruck that's awesome!!  A hat does help!

Deer flies are the worst. They will harass for miles on end. Perhaps this might help, one runner's deer fly experiment.

Leah, mother of dogs

kcam

I live in the Houston area and I know heat and humidity. It sucks. But embrace it and continue to train. When the first cold front comes through, you'll be able to run harder/faster with the same effort. This prepares me for the fall season. Some skip training in the summer or move indoors. I prefer to run during my lunch break. It's hot but my body gets acclimated with no issues if I start in the spring.

Yes to this.  I think you do acclimate.  I used to live in Austin and ran every day on my lunch break and was used to heat/humidity.  It honestly didn't bother me much.   I go back there now and I can barely even run at 8AM.

Hoban-Jay

I can deal with heat,cold,whatever.  I CANNOT FRIGGIN STAND the biting flies.  I run in the woods in upstate NY, and the black flies and deer flies are maddening.  I drenched myself in Deep Woods Off, and the black flies were still swarming around my face, it is hard to not accidentally breathe one in.  And it sucks to get one stuck in your eye.  And at least one deer flies finds its way to an unsprayed tender spot.  I am considering running with a mosquito net, but it would be hard to drink.

There's not much I wouldn't trade to once again be able to run everday in the Finger Lakes...cold rains in the spring, hot humid summers, perfect autumn weather and colors and smells, and heavy lake affect snows and nor'easters in the winter....it doesn't matter...it all adds to the experience.  The deer flies are certainly a nuisance (more than a nuisance) that I never resolved either.

There's not much I wouldn't trade to once again be able to run everday in the Finger Lakes...cold rains in the spring, hot humid summers, perfect autumn weather and colors and smells, and heavy lake affect snows and nor'easters in the winter....it doesn't matter...it all adds to the experience.  The deer flies are certainly a nuisance (more than a nuisance) that I never resolved either.

Too cold up there, especially  during Winter.  I'd like to run in the Big Easy, which is suppose to be the most humid city in the USA. Big grin