How many running shoes (active) in your closet? (Read 194 times)

an amazing likeness

Three.

Two used alternating days, the other for wet or slush.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

AndyTN

Overweight per CDC BMI

It looks like ViBe71 is in the lead so far with 17. My 8-year-old has more running shoes in his rotation than some of you but 2 of the 4 he is allowed to wear to school.

milktruck - I can't really figure out how to put the poll on there. If I click modify on my original post, I see the dropdown box to change it to poll but what happens after that?

Two. Ideally, I like to have three in rotation, but usually it is just two.

Meg, I think you forgot a pair so we will list you as 3.

I use my closet for storing new shoes. There are currently 4 pairs there. 

Kathi, brand new pairs of shoes only last about 2 hours in my house because when they are delivered, they get used immediately. First run in a brand new pair is such a satisfying feeling, kind of like peeling the plastic film off a new cell phone.

Memphis / 38 male

5k - 20:39 / 10k - 43:48 / Half - 1:34:47 / Full - 3:38:10

Half Crazy K 2.0

Andy, when wave riders go to the next version,  if I liked the old ones, I buy what I can. I also live dangerously (for my wallet) close to both the Holabird Sports physical location and a Nike Clearance Store. I feel it is my duty as a runner to buy $99 Vaporflies, I mean, wouldn't most runnets?

Kathi, brand new pairs of shoes only last about 2 hours in my house because when they are delivered, they get used immediately. First run in a brand new pair is such a satisfying feeling, kind of like peeling the plastic film off a new cell phone.

Funny, a lot of people say this, but I feel no difference whatsoever running in shoes with zero miles vs. 500 miles. I have no idea how many miles I can “get” out of a pair of shoes, I just retire them around 500 as an arbitrary rule. If anything, I dislike the first run in new shoes, because (1) I have to tie them—after that I just slip them on & off every time, and (2) if it’s a new release, there’s always the risk they changed something that will cause problems.

Dave

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Three.

Brooks Launch that I hate and was talked into at a running store when I was out of town & my luggage got lost

Saucony Triumph 20 that I absolutely love

Hoka Mach 4 that are my stand-bys, but absolutely do not hold up long

Runs like a dj mixing songs while wearing festive outfits.
            5k PR 5/31/21 24:21 

10k PR 5/23 54:43

HM PR 1/2024 1:59:10

Super Runner

Two, a pair of New Balance Fresh Foam Roav and a pair of Adidas Fluidflow 2.0!

Two. Ideally, I like to have three in rotation, but usually it is just two.

Wow, some of you have more shoes for running than I have footwear total for all purposes. LOL!

to be fair, half of mine are on their way out and are just still in rotation until completely supplanted by the newer shoes. Other than running shoes, I think I have 3 pairs, and one are dress shoes "just in case"!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Andy, when wave riders go to the next version,  if I liked the old ones, I buy what I can. I also live dangerously (for my wallet) close to both the Holabird Sports physical location and a Nike Clearance Store. I feel it is my duty as a runner to buy $99 Vaporflies, I mean, wouldn't most runnets?

I'd buy $99 Vaporflies. Where can I get them?!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nike Clearance Store. One I go to is n White Marsh, MD (outside of Baltimore). All sales are final. It's not the same as the factory outlets, there are only 30 of the clearancec stores in the US.

watsonc123

It seems I'm at the higher end at eight.

Racing

Adios Pro 2

Cross Country

NB XC 788 Sarava

Long Runs and Some 'B' Races

Saucony Endorphin Pro 1

Short Speed Work

Asics Metaracer

Trail

Saucony Mad River

Saloman Sense Ride 4

General Runs Incl. Med Long Workouts

Skechers Razor Excess 2

Pretty Close to Retirement But Still Use Occassionally

Reebok Symmetros

PRs: 5km 18:43 (Dec 2015), 10km 39:59 (Sep 2020), half 1:26:16 (Sep 2016), full 3:09:28 (Jun 2015)

40+ PRs: 5km 19:31 (Oct 2020), 10km 39:59 (Sep 2020), half 1:29:39 (Jun 2018), full 3:13:55 (Sep 2022)

2023 PRs (hope to beat in 2024): 5km 20:34, 10km 41:37, half 1:32:32, full 3:21:05

2024 PRs: 5km 20:25

Marky_Mark_17

The Nike online store has had the Next%2 on sale periodically over the last few months, not sure they're quite that cheap but they've certainly been ~40% off at times.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Maraetai HM, 10 Mar, DNF

Up next: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

I have two pair of running shoes.  Brooks Cascadia GTX trail running shoes for snow and ice, Brooks Addiction for summer running.  At one time, I had two pair of each until I learned that old shoes worked just as well as new shoes for me.  The Cascadia shoes went over 800 miles this morning, and still look good.  The Addiction are at 5040.8 miles, look kind of ragged, but are still good for running.  My shoes go on a Peet boot dryer after each run, so get dried out within an hour or so after each run.  These shoes are my 13th and 14th pair after starting running over 35,000 miles ago.

About 11.  One is for racing up to 10K.  There is a Brooks Christmas print that I don't count as active.  I wear test for Brooks, so I get some free shoes, all of which I have liked a lot.  Some I like better for treadmill than roads.   I like shoes.  What can I say?  I get close to 500 on some of the heavy duty Brooks, but not much over 200 on Hoka and some others.  It really depends on the outsole material.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

shu_runner

4 road running shoes + 1 trail running shoe in active rotation.  2 in storage waiting to be filtered into rotation.

Nike Clearance Store. One I go to is n White Marsh, MD (outside of Baltimore). All sales are final. It's not the same as the factory outlets, there are only 30 of the clearancec stores in the US.

You're right!

Went to the clearance store yesterday, and there was a plethora of vaporfly2 and alphafly2 in many colors for $99. As long as you wore size 12.5-15.