How many running shoes (active) in your closet? (Read 194 times)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Active: 2.3. same pair in different colors at home plus a pair at work I forgot about.

Waiting/on deck: three

Race pair I'm not counting as active even though they'll be used for my race this weekend and upcoming marathon: 1.

Plus a trail pair.

8 pairs of running shoes total. wow...umm...I didn't realize until now how many I had AND a pair is EVENTUALLY going to show up if FedEx decides they want to start delivering stuff again. so NINE total pairs.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Wing

Joggaholic

3 active pairs:

1 pair of Skechers Go Run 3 for the treadmill

1 pair of Nike Pegasus 38 for normal road running

1 pair of Skechers Go Run Razor Trail for trail running

(1 pair of Skechers Speed Freek for racing, but I don't race much anymore so this pair just sits in the closet waiting for action)

an amazing likeness

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

dktrotter

Dorothea

I have a few shoes, but not as many as some people! Mostly due to space and budget. It's a nice trifecta:

I have three pairs of shoes in active rotation that I use on a regular basis: 2 Brooks, 1 Asics.

I have three pairs for special occasions: 1 Nike (road race), 1 Asics (trail), 1 Mizuno (track race)

And I have three pairs of shoes that are actually ready to be donated/recycled/shredded by garden work.

I'm the kind of runner that wears their shoes until they're no longer usable, which means that by the time I'm ready for a new pair of shoes, there's a new model and it takes forever to find a new shoe I like to run with.

Qualifications: I like to run. In Florida. In the summer. At noon.  

Last race: Community 5K, March 2nd. Speed test run with 2 walk breaks. Went pretty well.  

Man in Tights

Im very particular about running in coordinated shoes and apparel. Makes me feel better I guess. So I alternate  between three active pairs. Asics FF Blast, Nike Peg39, Adizero SL. With same brand socks, tights/shorts, singlets, caps, face-masks, jackets. The only exception is my watch which is an Apple7 and my shades which are Oakley's/Nike.

Narsi - the apple watch, how does it compare to a garmin for example?

I retire my shoes super early - so I have plenty of running shoes. I have 3 pairs at work (Brooks Ghost, Hoka Mach, Hoka Bondi) and 2 pairs at home (Saucony Speed, Asics Magic Speed). And I have two pairs for races (Nike Next % and Saucone Endorphin Pro 3) even though I don't really race much as I keep getting injured.

People who see me running think I am color blind. I may have green socks, red shoes, blue shorts and a grey top on. I really don't care about how it looks; it would take way too much thinking to match my shoes to the outfit.

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

I have 9pairs strictly for running (all Asics), and 3 pairs for walking, court sports(mostly squash) and driving my sports car (narrower Puma runner because of close brake clutch pedals).

AndyTN

Overweight per CDC BMI

My name is Andy and I'm a shoe-aholic. It has been 2 months since I have bought a pair of running shoes.... Seriously it may be a new record if I make it to 3 months.

Memphis / 38 male

5k - 20:39 / 10k - 43:48 / Half - 1:34:47 / Full - 3:38:10

Man in Tights

Narsi - the apple watch, how does it compare to a garmin for example?

I retire my shoes super early - so I have plenty of running shoes. I have 3 pairs at work (Brooks Ghost, Hoka Mach, Hoka Bondi) and 2 pairs at home (Saucony Speed, Asics Magic Speed). And I have two pairs for races (Nike Next % and Saucone Endorphin Pro 3) even though I don't really race much as I keep getting injured.

People who see me running think I am color blind. I may have green socks, red shoes, blue shorts and a grey top on. I really don't care about how it looks; it would take way too much thinking to match my shoes to the outfit.

I never used a Garmin. I have two Apple watches - the 4 and the 7 series. They are light and give a lot of info - pace, cadence, calories, heart rate, wattage, vertical oscillations, stride length etc. But both give me different distance readouts for the same route Smile. It's as much as 200-300 metres say for a 10 K route. apart from that no other issues.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I never used a Garmin. I have two Apple watches - the 4 and the 7 series. They are light and give a lot of info - pace, cadence, calories, heart rate, wattage, vertical oscillations, stride length etc. But both give me different distance readouts for the same route Smile. It's as much as 200-300 metres say for a 10 K route. apart from that no other issues.

I've had the 4 and the 6. My 6 is shockingly accurate. It agrees with my son's Garmin within a few yards over the course of 5+ miles. The only time I don't use my Apple watch is on race days (primarily multi-sport, so I have a Garmin edge on my bike and an old Forerunner on my wrist), since tangible buttons work better when I have sweaty hands.

I'm hoping that some of the features on the Apple Watch ultra eventually trickle-down to the standard version. I already went from the smaller bezel to the larger option, since it works better as a running watch (also, 50 year old eyes kinda suck without progressive lenses in my sunglasses). I don't find the Apple Watch battery to be problematic, since I'm really not doing anything >2-3 hours, anymore.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Man in Tights

Now that you mention it, it's  very humid here in Mumbai (India) and the watch face often becomes irresponsive because of excessive sweat. So either it stops recording or ones not able to stop it when the run's done. Maybe it's time for a Garmin.

My name is Andy and I'm a shoe-aholic. It has been 2 months since I have bought a pair of running shoes.... Seriously it may be a new record if I make it to 3 months.

I share your addiction, but mine is compounded by "thrift". Lately a lot of good shoes have been showing up at Ross and similar stores for under $50. I have restrained myself to $40, though, so I have passed on Flow Velocity Wind and Pegasus 38. I have, however, picked up Boston-11, Razor Excess-2, Mamba, Zoom Air Victory all in the last few weeks. I saw a pair of Adios Pro-2 for $35 in the wrong size, so now I'm thinking I'll find a pair soon. I would buy none of these at full retail (I seldom ever spend full retail...) or even half-off. They just keep dangling these cheap prices in front of me!  Like a true addict, I blame external forces for my problem.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

gorunn12

Had 2 and just wore my new 3rd pair of Saucony's this morning.  I will retire my oldest at 500 miles.

mjhaston

Nike Pegasus 36 worn seldom anymore, but still have a lot of tread.

Nike Pegasus 39 X 2 (1 pair was half price) for most workouts.

Nike Zoom Fly 4 (I used to wear for races, but found out they're more for longer tempo workouts?)
                              Nike Streakfly Premium (1 mile, 5K races and interval workouts) got them for half price.

Nike Vaporfly for races. (got them at a discount)

--------

PR's: 1 mile - 5:59.4 (2023) | 5K - 20:59 (2023) | 5M - 35:42 (2023) | 10K - 45:12 (2024) | 10M - 1:18:33 (2024) | HM - 1:40:04 (2024)

Up-coming Races:  Bookin for Lookin 5K (4/21/24), Yes You Can 5K (4/28/24).

JakeOh

2 pairs currently
                                Saucony Kinvara 13 for everyday running/ workouts
                                Brooks Catamount 2 for trails

Main runners:Saucony Kinvara 12
                                Backup: Hoka Speedgoat
                                Other sports equipments: Garmin Enduro 2.