2020 Marathon Training and relevant COVID 19 discussion echo chamber (Read 700 times)

He’s probably a bit stressed out now because I ran a casual sub3:20 today without breaking into a sweat. 😳

That was quite an impressive run! Cal is doing some serious speedwork lately; maybe to prep for the 5k showdown against you? 

Edit: Just saw your post Cal after I posted this. Sorry to hear you're still feeling down. Your speed sessions have looked great. Are you still doing a virtual 5k race vs Mikkey? Maybe that can provide some motivation. If you're willing to fly to this side of the country I think there's a good chance some of the races I am signed up for will happen (maybe wishful thinking, but they have a lot of things going in their favor).

DW: Interesting about White River. Nice flat course! Tempting but too close to Thanksgiving for me also. And you're right; Detroit is cancelled (virtual, which to me means cancelled).

2:52:16 (2018)

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Breaking into a sweat or not breaking into it is not known as you do not have the HR data - so, it might be an easy effort for you or it might be a 100% effort for you - no data leaves to a speculation.

LOL, you are panicking now because you know that I didn’t break into a sweat today.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

CalBears

LOL, you are panicking now because you know that I didn’t break into a sweat today.

Ha... That's how you feel? Glad to hear, but right now I am more in "who the hell cares" mode than in panicking one... I would love to feel different but the stuff that is happening right now and all the crazy/idiotic stuff that happened during last few months here in the States makes/made me feel really disappointed/frustrated/unemotional/skeptical.

JTR - oh, now I remember about 5K challenge - totally forgot about it - thanks!. Ok, at least what I am "doing" right now has some sense now. OK...

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

OMR

OMR - oooof.   Hope you're OK.  Don't hesitate to pm me if you need any free&worthless medical advice.

Thanks (to you and others for your thoughts), I’ll keep that in mind.  FYI, I was supposed to get an event monitor yesterday, but there was a mix-up about whether I was given one when I was discharged or if I was going to get one on Monday.  Got a call this morning about scheduling a time, and was told...

PA:  “OK, you’ll need to have a land line to upload data from the monitor.”

Me:  “I don’t have a land line.”

PA:  “Well, maybe you can use your land line at work?”

Me:  “We don’t have land lines at work.”

PA:  “Oh, well do you have any friends that have a land line?”

Me:  “Not that I know of.”(As if I am going to ask my friends to lend me their land line to upload my heart monitor data????)

PA:  “Oh...well, let me get back to you.”

Haven’t heard from back from them yet.  Good thing this isn’t serious or anything.  What century are we in again????

CalBears

Haven’t heard from back from them yet.  Good thing this isn’t serious or anything.  What century are we in again????

Do not remember what was the company name (man... seriously... do not remember), but last year I needed something from them and the only kind of communication they had was a fax (or mail, which would take days) - they didn't accept anything via email, only fax - which I think I was only able to find at FedEx Office Center...

jhudak55

Did they have people calling out the splits at the quarter mile marks this year?  They usually do, but I wasn't sure if they would avoid it because of Covid.

DW: Thanks! They didn’t have anyone on the course calling out times. The only clock was at the finish line. I just took manual splits at the quarter mile marks.

JT: I agree, the mile was a really fun race. I’m happy with the time, it’s pretty closely aligned with the 5k TT result. 
              I don’t have any time trials planned anytime soon. Although, that may change if/when shorter local races decide to cancel.

OMR

Do not remember what was the company name (man... seriously... do not remember), but last year I needed something from them and the only kind of communication they had was a fax (or mail, which would take days) - they didn't accept anything via email, only fax - which I think I was only able to find at FedEx Office Center...

So maybe I'll have to FedEx my data to them, hahaha...

Running Problem

Problem Child

So maybe I'll have to FedEx my data to them, hahaha...

They're going to tell you to bring it into the office to get the data off it.

When you show up they'll tell you they don't have the capabilities to get the data and then answer their land line phone.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

OMR

RP:  Well actually...  She did suggest that maybe I would have to go to the clinic to upload the data.  However, it turns out that they are waiting for approval from the cardiologist to give me a wireless monitor instead of a land line monitor.  So, three days later...still no monitor...

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Fun tangential fact: if you ever write a letter to your US senator/representative/etc (i.e. advocating for or complaining about something), you are supposed to send it by fax.

Mailed documents end up sitting around in the post office for a while to be screened; emails get filtered.  But faxes go right where they are supposed to go immediately.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Fun tangential fact: if you ever write a letter to your US senator/representative/etc (i.e. advocating for or complaining about something), you are supposed to send it by fax.

Mailed documents end up sitting around in the post office for a while to be screened; emails get filtered.  But faxes go right where they are supposed to go immediately.

What is Donald Trump's Fax number? I'm sure its the same as President Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, Richard Nixon, Edgar Hoover, etc.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

Running Problem

Problem Child

Bought a plane ticket to Boston 2021. If anyone wants to hang out I'll be there Saturday night through Wednesday morning. Maybe Monday around 9:00, or even Sunday breakfast like I'd read about (it seems like) so many years ago.

VDOT 53.37 

CalBears

Bought a plane ticket to Boston 2021. If anyone wants to hang out I'll be there Saturday night through Wednesday morning. Maybe Monday around 9:00, or even Sunday breakfast like I'd read about (it seems like) so many years ago.

Hope they are reimbursable.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I’ve booked accommodation for Boston 2021.....but it’s free cancellation up until 14th April next year.

Honestly, I would rather go to NZ than US next year.....but unfortunately Cal can’t afford it. 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

If NZ is anything like Australia (Victoria. Melbourne area) they’ll still have closed borders and be locked down so you won’t be allowed in. Something to do with residents not wearing masks or doing what the PM ordered in July.

I’ve booked accommodation for Boston 2021.....but it’s free cancellation up until 14th April next year.

Honestly, I would rather go to NZ than US next year.....but unfortunately Cal can’t afford it. 

VDOT 53.37