2020 Marathon Training and relevant COVID 19 discussion echo chamber (Read 700 times)

CalBears

Nah. I've received complaints. And the owner of this website has also asked y'all to leave COVID stuff in the other thread. Folks want to use this thread to focus on Marathon training, not to wade through dangerous pseudoscience.

Wow - here we go - favorite way for many americans to spend time - complain about somebody or something (brave thing to do of course with complainer's anonymity preserved; - the second "best" thing is to sue somebody or something for anything just in case - the whole world is in awe actually - it's an amazing feat and americans are really the best in it). One of the most hated thing about this culture - most people has no guts to tell you openly about disagreement. Freaking afraid of any conflicts - bastards.First time in my life I experienced that during business trip to the US - had an argument with another developer and instead of deciding it in a technical way with me and others he just went to a boss and complained about me. And of course he refused to acknowledge that when I confronted him - actually, only later I realized that the only thing that "saved" (saying it sadly) me was that I was a consulter from another country. Disgusting human feature - in Russian culture anybody who would do such a thing would be considered as a piece of shit...

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Cry me a river.

This is a thread about marathon training. Folks want to come here to learn and discuss marathon training. They don't want to deal with all your folks' irrelevant drama. Stick to the topic and put this whining elsewhere.

Wow - here we go - favorite way for many americans to spend time - complain about somebody or something (brave thing to do of course with complainer's anonymity preserved; - the second "best" thing is to sue somebody or something for anything just in case - the whole world is in awe actually - it's an amazing feat and americans are really the best in it). One of the most hated thing about this culture - most people has no guts to tell you openly about disagreement. Freaking afraid of any conflicts - bastards.First time in my life I experienced that during business trip to the US - had an argument with another developer and instead of deciding it in a technical way with me and others he just went to a boss and complained about me. And of course he refused to acknowledge that when I confronted him - actually, only later I realized that the only thing that "saved" (saying it sadly) me was that I was a consulter from another country. Disgusting human feature - in Russian culture anybody who would do such a thing would be considered as a piece of shit...

CalBears

I never claimed to be a good moderator. But I am the moderator you have. 

Reminds me about choosing between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump - both are extremely "great" choices - but that's all we had...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I didn't realize you had a choice here.

Reminds me about choosing between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump - both are extremely "great" choices - but that's all we had...

CalBears

Cry me a river.

This is a thread about marathon training. Folks want to come here to learn and discuss marathon training. They don't want to deal with all your folks' irrelevant drama. Stick to the topic and put this whining elsewhere.

How about folks wanting to have a talk about different stuff in the marathon thread? Why did you decide what "folks" want? One moron complained and you call him "folks"? And stop constantly threatening. That's not cool.

I didn't realize you had a choice here.

I am pretty sure you do not realize a lot of things - the only way you communicate is with threats.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

There is no threat stated explicitly or otherwise, and calling folks a moron behind their backs is unhelpful at best.

CalBears

There is no threat stated explicitly or otherwise, and calling folks a moron behind their backs is unhelpful at best.

I openly called him/her a moron - not behind her/his back - he/she can open her identity and I repeat the same thing. You have very interesting perspective on things...

And again - one moron still referred as "folks"

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

🙄

Just follow the the website owner's and moderator's friendly requests and take your drama, semantics, and needling elsewhere. Let's keep this a positive and friendly place focused on the topic of marathon training.

Or we will need to close this thread. ( <- maybe this is the thread you are suggesting?)

CalBears

Just follow the the website owner's and moderator's friendly requests and take your drama, semantics, and needling elsewhere. Let's keep this a positive and friendly place focused on the topic of marathon training.

There was no drama until you showed up...

Marky_Mark_17

As an observer who hasn't (thankfully?) gone anywhere near the Covid discussion thread, I think it's entirely relevant to have Covid discussion here insofar as it relates to marathon race selection and preparation.  As best I can see that's exactly what this thread was doing until things got a little OT a page or so ago.

Otherwise this thread right now would only be me, DPS and Magrawlas posting our training and everyone else commenting on said training or lamenting not being able to train for anything.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr, 1:15:48

Up next: Runway5, 4 May

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

CalBears

As an observer who hasn't (thankfully?) gone anywhere near the Covid discussion thread, I think it's entirely relevant to have Covid discussion here insofar as it relates to marathon race selection and preparation.  As best I can see that's exactly what this thread was doing until things got a little OT a page or so ago.

Otherwise this thread right now would only be me, DPS and Magrawlas posting our training and everyone else commenting on said training or lamenting not being able to train for anything.

Mark - I guess you do not understand:

Paragraph 1 - "Moderator" is always right.

Paragraph 2 - if the "Moderator" is absolutely wrong, see the Paragraph 1.

I actually do not understand why you cannot have any kind of discussions, that just came up,  in a thread? What is this - "concentration camp" where a dictator (or complainer) dictates what everybody should talk about? Ridiculous.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, it didn't take you very long at all to demonstrate Godwin's Law.

Must be hard to be so persecuted.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Anyhow, I came in here and kindly & respectfully requested that this thread stay on topic.

Comparisons to concentration camps, ad hominem attacks, and drama as a result are totally uncalled for. Especially when you are using somebody else's free software for your chatter and he too asked you to stay on topic here.

As a reminder, please use the COVID thread for all your COVID conspiracy theories, musings, and bad epidemiology.

Please use this thread to discuss marathon training.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Echo chamber? Lol what are you talking about? RP posted his usual stuff, nobody responded to it, that was that. You're just parroting terms you've heard before and don't actually know what they mean, like echo chamber (not happening here) and whataboutism (not even remotely applicable here given we're specifically talking about your standards for shutting down threads, which you know, is relevant). You know you'd have a point if all of us in here were posting conspiracy theories about how COVID is a hoax or something else but nothing like that is even REMOTELY happening.

This is why you're dramatic. RP posted, we all ignored it, and that was that. If you honestly belive nobody can talk about covid and whether the Boston Marathon will be run or not, you've demonstrated you are an awful moderator. Take some time,  learn how to be a real moderator, put the rabbit ears away, and come back another day.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Comparisons to concentration camps, ad hominem attacks, and drama as a result are totally uncalled for.

you are an awful moderator. 

This is why we can't have nice things.