2020 Marathon Training and relevant COVID 19 discussion echo chamber (Read 700 times)

I'm not though

Runners run

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I'm not though

Well if you’re older than 52 then you’re fucked finished.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Do I need to change the name of the thread AGAIN to keep it from getting locked, or are you going to take your non-marathon training related discussions to their appropriate discussion thread?

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Running Problem

Problem Child

cal I never saw a response. If Boston 2021 is canceled do you think they will no allow carry over of ANY qualifying times and require everyone to run a new qualifier in 2020? Do you think they would cut out 2018 qualifiers and do a ‘2019 and 2020 qualifiers’ process?

for the record I believe CIM will happen. It’s early December and if a vaccine comes out people will feel better about social gatherings. Since CIM isn’t as popular as a major, and most people seem to think it won’t happen, ON TOP OF the race offering deferrals for 3 years I expect a reduced crowd with no pace groups. Oh and no relay due to its popularity.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

rlopez

Do I need to change the name of the thread AGAIN to keep it from getting locked, or are you going to take your non-marathon training related discussions to their appropriate discussion thread?

Pretty sure your name changes aren't what gets (or does not get) this thread locked.

And I've got five bucks, that's right, one crisp lincoln, that says CIM won't happen.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Pretty sure your name changes aren't what gets (or does not get) this thread locked.

And I've got five bucks, that's right, one crisp lincoln, that says CIM won't happen.

I’ll take that bet. Cash only. None of that digital online bit coin payment tom foolery.

VDOT 53.37 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Yes, always keep one step ahead of the Nazis.

With London they’re doing a virtual race on 4th October which will count as a good for age qualifier and included in the results! Very bizarre. I’m going to defer to next year which will be held in October.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Yes, always keep one step ahead of the Nazis.

With London they’re doing a virtual race on 4th October which will count as a good for age qualifier and included in the results! Very bizarre. I’m going to defer to next year which will be held in October.

Blech.  I can't believe that.  These "virtual races" are so prone to shadiness and shenanigans.  They're a wet dream for any runner who has ever claimed their PR based on Garmin distance (y'know..."my time is listed as 3:24 but I actually ran 3:22 because that's what it said when my Garmin hit 26.2....")  Never mind people biking their "marathons" etc.

JTReeves - just entered Northern Ohio, so now that's my #1.  I don't have to adjust my schedule much - I was going with 20 miles 4 weeks from Harrisburg and Mankato Half 3 weeks out - I can just do my last 20 3 weeks out from Northern Ohio, and swap Mankato to the 10K.  Thanks for the recommendation!

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

DW: That's great! Fingers crossed Northern Ohio will proceed as planned. For a tune-up race for me, not many options around here. I'm certain the New Haven half will be cancelled (have not even looked, it might already have been) since it's a huge race. I will probably just do a 10 mile TT on the track like I did in 2018, 4-6 weeks out.

2:52:16 (2018)

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Blech.  I can't believe that.  These "virtual races" are so prone to shadiness and shenanigans.  They're a wet dream for any runner who has ever claimed their PR based on Garmin distance (y'know..."my time is listed as 3:24 but I actually ran 3:22 because that's what it said when my Garmin hit 26.2....")  Never mind people biking their "marathons" etc.

Yeah after all the delay they come up with a virtual race - but treadmill isn’t allowed and you’ll be asked to provide supplementary evidence if it’s used as a good for age/championship qualifier (whatever that means). The virtual race costs £20 and you get the 40th race medal/t shirt and can still defer entry to either next year, 2022 or 2023 giving your choice in order. As a good for age qualifier I’m guaranteed entry for next October.

jhudak55

JT & DW: Nice weeks. I looked into the Northern Ohio Half Marathon after JTs post a couple of weeks ago. I put this on my list of possible tune up races for Rehoboth. I grew up about an hour from the race and my parents still live there, so I could easily make it work. The only issue is I work in DC and recently a two week quarantine was implemented for people traveling to "high-risk" states which includes Ohio. I'd prefer to not work from home for two weeks, but hopefully things will change by then.

54.1 miles

M: 5 miles easy (9:42)

T: 6 miles easy (8:33)

W: 7.4 miles w/ 3 at tempo (6:33, 6:30, 6:32)

T: 5.1 miles easy (8:56)

F: 8 miles easy (8:46)

S: 15 mile long run (8:45)

S: 7.5 miles easy (9:26)

Running Problem

Problem Child

39.5 miles

Th: 5.72 easy

fr: 2.45 easy

sa: rest

su: 31 race pace and effort. Holly unpaved course with two way traffic including cyclists coming around blind turns at full speed. Did some back and fourths in a pack and just couldn’t keep it together after 23 and pulled the plug on anything above ‘well at least it isn’t walking’ speed.

VDOT 53.37 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So, did you just call me a Nazi?

Yes, always keep one step ahead of the Nazis..

Running Problem

Problem Child

So, did you just call me a Nazi?

Just let it go Trent. Either lock the thread because he called you a Nazi, or just got back to moderating and enforcing the Terms of Service.

VDOT 53.37 

darkwave

Mother of Cats

JT & DW: Nice weeks. I looked into the Northern Ohio Half Marathon after JTs post a couple of weeks ago. I put this on my list of possible tune up races for Rehoboth. I grew up about an hour from the race and my parents still live there, so I could easily make it work. The only issue is I work in DC and recently a two week quarantine was implemented for people traveling to "high-risk" states which includes Ohio. I'd prefer to not work from home for two weeks, but hopefully things will change by then.

Yup - I've been keeping that in mind also.   Fortunately I don't work in DC, but if I travel to one of those states, I guess I'll have to avoid running in DC for 14 days after to be compliant.

But, things evolve all the time, and November is a long time from now.

JTReeves - I know Hartford Marathon group is having some shorter races in Connecticut and Rhode Island in September - a half marathon and a 10 miler.  I've been eyeing both as remote possibilities.  As of this week, I'm not allowed to go to Connecticut without a 14 day quarantine since I live in Virginia, but Rhode Island will let me in with a negative Covid test.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.